BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im in the process of changing my spark plugs and ignition coils in my 06 323i and as I took the last one out it was filthy with what looked like rust. What would have caused this and should I clean the slot that it goes in I assume? What would be the best way to go about that?

cheers

Attachments

· Banned
10,087 Posts
Im in the process of changing my spark plugs and ignition coils in my 06 323i and as I took the last one out it was filthy with what looked like rust. What would have caused this and should I clean the slot that it goes in I assume? What would be the best way to go about that?
Well, that's mighty odd, and I notice deposits all around the area. Something's evaporated there; I'm inclined to agree with 2NASpec - better check for coolant leak.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no coolant loss or any leaks as far as I can tell... just picked up the car a couple of weeks ago and it just started to have a rough idle and while at high rpm will sometimes give me a liitle hiccup and I can tell its missing some power. Will occasionally get a rotten egg smell but nothing really sweet. Also no smoke or steam from exhaust. With the rough idle I thought changing plugs and ignition coils would help but it didn't change a thing. I changed all 6 plugs and just the one ignition coil that was filthy. Should I have changed them all? I read something else in another forum saying it could be a faulty throttle body or valvetronic motor... any thoughts?

· Banned
10,087 Posts
no coolant loss or any leaks as far as I can tell... just picked up the car a couple of weeks ago and it just started to have a rough idle and while at high rpm will sometimes give me a liitle hiccup and I can tell its missing some power. Will occasionally get a rotten egg smell but nothing really sweet. Also no smoke or steam from exhaust. With the rough idle I thought changing plugs and ignition coils would help but it didn't change a thing. I changed all 6 plugs and just the one ignition coil that was filthy. Should I have changed them all? I read something else in another forum saying it could be a faulty throttle body or valvetronic motor... any thoughts?
Thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.