BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the back doors on my car doesn't open with the remote. I checked it and apparently something gets stuck & it gives a ticking sound, I guess I should change the door lock or just clean it.

Anybody has a DIY how to remove the handle & cushions to check on what is happening?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just changed out my right front power door lock. When I disassembled the latch down to the motors I found the motors them self to be the issue. When I tried to spin the motor it was kinda crunchy. I didn't open up the motor to see if it was the bearing or brushes. I am assuming it was just the brushes disintegrating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just changed out my right front power door lock. When I disassembled the latch down to the motors I found the motors them self to be the issue. When I tried to spin the motor it was kinda crunchy. I didn't open up the motor to see if it was the bearing or brushes. I am assuming it was just the brushes disintegrating.
Is it easy to remove the cushions? do you have photos?
I saw a thread for the front left door, should I follow the same steps to strip the door for the rear left?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.