BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are front license plates mounted on the e90? I'm hoping that there is some sort of hidden assembly that the mounting frame bolts onto and that it's not drilled into the bumper. If it is normally drilled into the bumper, is this something I have a good chance of influencing via my dealer?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I asked my dealer not to mount the front plate, drill or not. No problem from my guy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
My dealer is also not mounting the number plate. I plan to tape it on with 3m double sided tape. It's the strong stuff, you can use it to mount mirrors onto cupboards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep. Mine came with a black plate-holder mounting "block" drilled into the bumber. When I removed it, I saw two little holes right into the metal. *Tear*

Looking into bumperplugs.com as a nice solution...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Mine came without the front license plate bracket. I'm going to have the dealer put it up once I get my plates. I don't want a ticket, but it looks so much cleaner without it. :cry:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
willpooted said:
Mine came without the front license plate bracket. I'm going to have the dealer put it up once I get my plates. I don't want a ticket, but it looks so much cleaner without it. :cry:
For what it's worth I've driven around California now for ~6 years without a front plate and never once had a problem.

BTW, if you're interested in voicing your opposition to these laws sign this petition:

Eradidicaton of California's Front License Plate

Also, more info on the specifics of the current law can be found here:

California Vehicle Code

·
Registered
111 Posts
loremipsum said:
Yep. Mine came with a black plate-holder mounting "block" drilled into the bumber. When I removed it, I saw two little holes right into the metal. *Tear*

Looking into bumperplugs.com as a nice solution...
These bumperplugs look pretty neat. If the ED plate on the front doesn't work out I might have to try a set of these plugs (no front plate in NC so no worries). Their doorplugs also look pretty neat. We only have one door lock on the E90 and it's just begging to be plugged up to look like the other 3 doors!

·
Registered
606 Posts
resker said:
For what it's worth I've driven around California now for ~6 years without a front plate and never once had a problem.

BTW, if you're interested in voicing your opposition to these laws sign this petition:

Eradidicaton of California's Front License Plate

Also, more info on the specifics of the current law can be found here:

California Vehicle Code
I got a ticket with my old car while parked on the street, I came back to my car and found a ticket on my windshield, so it's a concern for me =/.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts