BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E90 went into production 3 days back. It is supposed to be out of the shop by June 3rd. Can I add Xenons now? Is it possible? What are the processes involved. Help please.

It is my wife's car for Bay Area Commute Driving? This is the configuration of the car. Should I order the xenons or I am good.

325i 2006
Titanium Silver Metallic
Premium Package
Steptronic
Black Dakota Leather
Burl Wood Trim
Park Distance Control (Rear)

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its too late now to make a change to your order. If you really need xenon, then you need to have your dealer to locate a similar equip. car that's already been built (good luck on that), or, re-order your car. For me, xenon is a must for me, its just too much difference...hahaha........ maybe I am too picky. :thumbup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
bimalh said:
My E90 went into production 3 days back. It is supposed to be out of the shop by June 3rd. Can I add Xenons now? Is it possible? What are the processes involved. Help please.

It is my wife's car for Bay Area Commute Driving? This is the configuration of the car. Should I order the xenons or I am good.

325i 2006
Titanium Silver Metallic
Premium Package
Steptronic
Black Dakota Leather
Burl Wood Trim
Park Distance Control (Rear)

Thanks for your help
The car you ordered should be easy for the dealer to sell if you decide you don't want it.

Consider the practicality of xenons. They're great if you drive on unlighted roads at night or on poorly lit streets. For freewey commuting you'll never miss them. As for the cool factor, you already passed on that by not getting the sport package.

·
Registered
302 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
Call your dealer right away....it may be possible if the car isn't too far along.
I added my Xenons at what, according to the dealer, was the last opportunity -- at that point it was in "Scheduled for production" status, and it was a couple of days later, that it actually did go into production.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer is a wonderful man. Today - I just sent him a one liner saying if it can be changed. He replied within 30 mins saying he has a slot open if I want it he will cancel this order in my name and put in a new order with the xenons added. And he did ask me to reply ASAP.

I replied saying go for it and I suggested Invoice price for the xenons. Within 30 mins he gave me a new production number and also said the he is charging me invoice for the xenons. This is just so awesome. I am having such a good experience. He also BTW thanked me for sending a referral from here.

The car status is "Scheduled for Production". How much time does it take for it to change to "In Production"?

Thank you guys for your insight.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
There is no "In Production" status. On Order, Scheduled for Production. and Awaiting Transport are the first 3 phases.

Call BMW at 800-831-1117 and use the automated system to check vehicle production status. Input the production number or last 7 # of VIN and you'll be told what date your car will be completed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.