BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

e90 Lease question

1553 7
Is this a good deal on the e90 lease? I know nothing of leases and am reporting the numbers off the lease worksheet (all funds Canadian)

MRSP: 41400 (incl. sunroof)
RESIDUAL: .64
FREIGHT: 1595

CASH DOWN: 5500

APR: 7.45
TERM: 36
SEC DEP: 550
C.T.D.: 9668.93

Monthly Lease Payment: 453.98 (522.08 including tax)

The confusing part is the 4168.93 I have to pay ontop of my 5500 cash down. What is this for?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Without the full detail, it sounds like:

$5500.00 is the capital cost reduction (actual down payment before tax and startups)

The balance of funds would be:

$385.00 gst on the 5500 CCR
$440.00 pst on the 5500 CCR (Ont is 8%, correct?)
$522.08 first payment (I guess that answers my question about pst above....)
$550.00 refundable security
---------
7397.08 total

This is where it gets trickier without your worksheet.... guessing that the balance is
$1595 frt/pdi
$239.25 pst/gst on the f/pdi.....

Balance would be Ontario enviro (gas/tire/? fees) plus lien registration plus dealer admin fee.

Was it a retailer quote, or from bmw.ca?
This was a retailer quote, I typed the numbers off the printed worksheet.

I'm a little confused though, since bmw.ca quotes a lease pymt (before taxes) of 417$ per month with a 5000$ down payment... but the dealer quoted me a 480$ lease payment with 9500$ down.
to be honnest I don't know why your asking if this is a good deal since I just pulled up a payment of 454$ pre tax with 5500$ down on the BMW.ca website, so your paying/were quoted MSRP lease payment, the guy gave you absolutly no deal at all :rofl:

as for paying a ton of money when you pick up your car well there is tax on the deposit, A/C, tire, license, probably an "administration fee", taxes on all that fun stuff, a sec deposit cuz they don't trust you (which is refundable)

Oh and if your going to be putting a few grand on a deposit get "new value replacement" insurance cuz if you total or get your car boosted your going to lose a ton of money

IMO the maximum down payment on a leased car should be 0$, if you need to put money down you cannot afford the car...sorry!

good luck but I am sure you can find any dealer will sell for less than your great deal that you mentionned

Cheers
I was able to get the bmw.ca site to calculate 454/mo (plus taxes) based on base car + sunroof, non metallic paint, with 5500 cash cap reduction and 36 mos/60kms, which essentially matches the initial figures that you posted.

On the bmw.ca site, frt and pdi are not included.
jstalin said:
This was a retailer quote, I typed the numbers off the printed worksheet.

I'm a little confused though, since bmw.ca quotes a lease pymt (before taxes) of 417$ per month with a 5000$ down payment... but the dealer quoted me a 480$ lease payment with 9500$ down.
How much is frt + pdi? I guess that explains it then, the 5500 cash is on top the extra fees
neill said:
I was able to get the bmw.ca site to calculate 454/mo (plus taxes) based on base car + sunroof, non metallic paint, with 5500 cash cap reduction and 36 mos/60kms, which essentially matches the initial figures that you posted.

On the bmw.ca site, frt and pdi are not included.
frt and pdi vary by individual dealer
I would only put the upfronts down and take the HIGHER payment before I would reduce the Cap Cost Reduction. With the 2006 3 series just coming out the money factor is a standard rate and the demand is greater than the supply at the moment which would be why the payment is going to be HIGH.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.