BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
E90 No Brake Dust?

Just joined the forum. Great stuff.

Traded my '05 X5 (PP, Rear Climate Pk, Step, Nav, PDC, Xenon) for E90 (PP, SP, Step, PDC, Nav, Sat Radio) for July delivery.

As great as Bimmer brakes are, they're dirty as hell. Read somewhere that this problem was reduced / eliminated in E90. Does anyone know this for a fact? Current owners?

·
Nerd
1,432 Posts
This could be reason enough to dump the e46. Think of all the time I could save...

Or maybe I'll just make a hybrid, an e46 with e90 brakes. Oooohhh... and retrofit the window regulators, too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
my e90 is rediculous....i shine my rims all the time...and after like 1 outing in my car the rims are dirty again...

i clean them every time i get home

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Robbie! said:
nope, i have had my car 10 days now and 550km and have washed the wheels 2 times, the brake dust is a nuisance.
If it's any comfort - I had the same issues with my X3 for the first month or so.

I am sure the two systems are similar.

Huge amounts of brake dust.

But after the first month the brake dust became minimal.

·
2004 325XI
593 Posts
Owned my E46 for a 1.5 years now and the brake dust is as bad as it was the day I drove it off the lot.

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
the brake dust actually looks nice on the e46 and e60, gives the wheels a nice dark look :)

I dunno how it will suit the e90 though...

I also think that this is unavodable, since even the 2007/8 S-class has brake dust in the front from the spy pics.

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
iateyourcheese said:
This could be reason enough to dump the e46. Think of all the time I could save...

Or maybe I'll just make a hybrid, an e46 with e90 brakes. Oooohhh... and retrofit the window regulators, too.
What makes you think the regulators are any better?

·
SPF 100 Protection
9,946 Posts
anyone know if Axxis is making pads for teh e90? I had them on my e46 and they worked great, no dust.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Agni said:
the brake dust actually looks nice on the e46 and e60, gives the wheels a nice dark look :)

I dunno how it will suit the e90 though...

I also think that this is unavodable, since even the 2007/8 S-class has brake dust in the front from the spy pics.
Are you joking about the brake dust looking good on the e46 and e60. Makes the car look ....well, not good. I ahve an e90. One hundred miles and yes, brake dust. Easily cleaned with a terry cloth towel. I am glad I have the 330 with 18" wheels. Very easy to clean. No tight spots.
psyran

1 - 13 of 13 Posts