Votes: 6 4.6%
  • JD

Votes: 11 8.4%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to wondering the other day how many Bill Gates types we might have here. So, if you don't mind sharing anonymously, what is y'all's level of education?

I don't have my E90 yet, but I will, so I'm gonna go ahead and participate....since I started this thread. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
You say that you are wondering how many Bill Gates types we have in here, but you forget that Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard in 1975 to start Microsoft. So, if Big Bill were actually here and responding to your poll, he would select "Some College". Call me crazy, but in all fairness I don't think his honory degrees should count. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
it's clear the majority here will have a college degree. if ur looking for demographics, it's a foregone conclusion.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bpbenda said:
You say that you are wondering how many Bill Gates types we have in here, but you forget that Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard in 1975 to start Microsoft. So, if Big Bill were actually here and responding to your poll, he would select "Some College". :)

ahhhh, I did not forget. That's what I was referring to. :)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I guess it's not too surprising....of the post master's crowd, Ph.D.s are the most boring.:) Maybe I should just say, least exciting;)

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
tturedraider said:
Well, I guess it's not too surprising....of the post master's crowd, Ph.D.s are the most boring.:) Maybe I should just say, least exciting;)
What a lame and baseless generalization... :rolleyes:

The fact that there are so few PhDs is because unlike the other degrees you labeled "post master's", JD, MD, etc - are professional degrees - they are degrees which one attains to seek a particular profession (doctor, lawyer etc.) PhD is a purely academic degree (with the exception of clinical psychology which a PhD is a professional degree) - which one attains for the purpose of doing research. This is why people generally have to pay or get loans for their professional degrees (JD, MD, MBA etc), but a PhD (or even MS) in an academic field is almost always covered by a research fellowship.

There simply aren't a lot of PhD relative to the other degrees listed. Most academic departments at major universities graduate a handful (3-10) of PhDs a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts