BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going to the Denver Auto Show on Wednesday with my rep working it. I'm hoping to get close enough to take lots of detailed pictures. Any requests?

·
Registered
31 Posts
gray interior with alum trim

terra interior with burl walnut trim

beige 'ette with burl walnut trim

also please include the pillar trim in the above pics(does the terra actually have gray pillars?)

also get shots of the sunshade in use! :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
arctic exterior?

gsko said:
I will be going to the Denver Auto Show on Wednesday with my rep working it. I'm hoping to get close enough to take lots of detailed pictures. Any requests?
Thanks for the offer to take some pics. If possible, please attempt to find the arctic exterior and black leather/aluminum interior.
Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Black on black plsssssssssss............ :rofl:

Front and rear of black exterior, thank you :thumbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some pics of the front end of the engines, as the USA versions seem to be different fromt the europe ones ( they are lacking the euro oil/water heat exchanger )

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got back from the Denver Auto Show. They have a 2006 330i, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, manual in Electric Red with Black leather interior and an aluminum trim. I agree with most that the pictures you've seen of the car do not do it justice. Especially the Electric Red. The red looks surprisingly good in person and it was my least favorite color.

I got there early and made a B-Line ot the car. I was able to sit in it and play with all the features are take pictures of most. I thought the quality of the interior was fantastic. I opened the cup holders and they didn't feel flimsy to me at all like other people had said. I opened and shut the doors a couple of times and they don't feel as heavy as I would like to them too. They don't have that clunk when you shut them. Don't get me wrong they don't sounds like a Cavalier but just not as heavy as I thought they would.

They also had a Sparkling Graphite CI Convetible with Grey Leather interior. This is a really nice combination for anyone considering ordering it. The Sparkling Graphite is a very cool color and doesn't show off as purple as it does in some pictures. I tried to get some closeup pictures of it but it was hard to photograph with glare from the lights.

I'll post the pictures when I get home on Friday. Overall, I am very impressed with the car and can't wait to take one for a test drive so I can place my order!

·
Registered
146 Posts
gsko said:
I just got back from the Denver Auto Show. They have a 2006 330i, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, manual in Electric Red with Black leather interior and an aluminum trim. I agree with most that the pictures you've seen of the car do not do it justice. Especially the Electric Red. The red looks surprisingly good in person and it was my least favorite color.

I got there early and made a B-Line ot the car. I was able to sit in it and play with all the features are take pictures of most. I thought the quality of the interior was fantastic. I opened the cup holders and they didn't feel flimsy to me at all like other people had said. I opened and shut the doors a couple of times and they don't feel as heavy as I would like to them too. They don't have that clunk when you shut them. Don't get me wrong they don't sounds like a Cavalier but just not as heavy as I thought they would.

They also had a Sparkling Graphite CI Convetible with Grey Leather interior. This is a really nice combination for anyone considering ordering it. The Sparkling Graphite is a very cool color and doesn't show off as purple as it does in some pictures. I tried to get some closeup pictures of it but it was hard to photograph with glare from the lights.

I'll post the pictures when I get home on Friday. Overall, I am very impressed with the car and can't wait to take one for a test drive so I can place my order!
Nice review. I can't wait to go to my dealer and check it out. It seems BMW has hit a home run with the e90. The masses will pick it up it staggering numbers. While some things are questionable, ie. idrive and reliability, it looks pretty good, drives well and has all the gizmos you could want.

The non-heavy doors and the absence of the "thunk" is very disconcerting though...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pictures from Denver Auto Show

GSKO, I think I met you at the show while we were both taking pictures. I have posted my pictures at the following HomePage for all to see. Take a close look at the interesting butterfly valve in the right exhaust outlet. Don't know what it does and thought by posting it, someone out there might be able to shed some light on the subject. Enjoy! :)
http://homepage.mac.com/dmcj/PhotoAlbum5.html

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
dmbxyz said:
GSKO, I think I met you at the show while we were both taking pictures. I have posted my pictures at the following HomePage for all to see. Take a close look at the interesting butterfly valve in the right exhaust outlet. Don't know what it does and thought by posting it, someone out there might be able to shed some light on the subject. Enjoy! :)
Great shots, thanks! Very comprehensive.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Interesting detail, the car was produced in 11/2004. Must be one of the earliest examples.

·
Registered
214 Posts
gsko said:
I read this too late. I would have liked to see the pics of your order, as I've ordered almost the same thing. :thumbup:

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
Does anyone know if we are getting the ugly black shift knob (as shown in these pics) or the aluminum version as we have seen in the configurators? I really hope it isn't black plastic.

·
Registered
171 Posts
dmbxyz said:
GSKO, Take a close look at the interesting butterfly valve in the right exhaust outlet. Don't know what it does and thought by posting it, someone out there might be able to shed some light on the subject.
Works the same as in the E46, closes one side at low RPM to reduce noise

·
Registered
171 Posts
xspeedy said:
Does anyone know if we are getting the ugly black shift knob (as shown in these pics) or the aluminum version as we have seen in the configurators? I really hope it isn't black plastic.
If it is you can just order the other one and easily replace the black one

·
Chewbaca is a pimp!
236 Posts
I can't believe BMW still has that trashy sunroof switch/button. It's terrible. Need something different...like the audi's....

Great shots!! Thanks for sharing.

·
3,440 Posts
dmbxyz said:
It looks good in Electric Red!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Interesting detail, the car was produced in 11/2004. Must be one of the earliest examples.
If I'm reading the VIN correctly it's #22.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts