BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears,
I just purchased a BMW E90 without I-Drive and I only got one remote and key with it.This key was not opening or closing the doors, but I was able to use it to turn on/off the car.
I thought it was a programming thing so I ordered a new key from the dealer.
When I got the new key I inserted it into the car and it worked for turning the car but not for opening or closing it.
The dealer then entered the car and did some things and came out and told me we need to check the car for faults, but in order to do that i have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment.
I cannot wait that long, anyone has any idea why the remote is not opening/closing?I made a search and found that maybe the aerial amplifier is not receiving the signal?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
40 Posts
DId you ever get this resolved? I just got a use 330i and one of the remotes is behaving just as you describe.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
Does the car have comfort access?

·
Registered
40 Posts
remote

I don't think I have the comfort access thing.. Bought it from a used car dlr and he didnt have a clue about any of it!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Check the fuses behind the glove box. There have been reports of them blowing which would make your door locks inactive. Fuses 56 and 57 in my 2007 are the ones and upgrading from 15 amps to 20 might help if the problem recurs.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
I don't think I have the comfort access thing.. Bought it from a used car dlr and he didnt have a clue about any of it!
Are there ridges on the stationary/keyhole part of the door handle on the driver and passenger sides?

Comfort Access remotes have batteries that must be replaced. Non-CA remotes have rechargeable batteries that are recharged while in the "ignition".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dears,
I just purchased a BMW E90 without I-Drive and I only got one remote and key with it.This key was not opening or closing the doors, but I was able to use it to turn on/off the car.
I thought it was a programming thing so I ordered a new key from the dealer.
When I got the new key I inserted it into the car and it worked for turning the car but not for opening or closing it.
The dealer then entered the car and did some things and came out and told me we need to check the car for faults, but in order to do that i have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment.
I cannot wait that long, anyone has any idea why the remote is not opening/closing?I made a search and found that maybe the aerial amplifier is not receiving the signal?
Thanks guys
I am experiencing the same problem. Mine only unlocks the driver's door. I also noticed that I have to be very close to the vehicle for it to pick up the signal. The bettery in my key is new, so that cant be the problem. I then proceeded to check for fault codes using my BT cable and found two fault codes under the keyless entry module (I believe that is what its called). I will be visiting the dealer to get it fixed under warranty. I will post an update once I get it back from the dealer.

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,284 Posts
You may know this but the key is programmable to unlock just the driver's door or both doors and the trunk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The manual says that my remote is recharged while in the ignition. I didnt feel any ridges, so I guess I dont have comfort access. The other remote works perfectly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You may know this but the key is programmable to unlock just the driver's door or both doors and the trunk.
Yes! I am aware that it is programmable. The problem is that it works perfectly fine half of the time.. That is why I checked for fault codes by using my BT cable..and my suspicions were right.. I found them!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
The manual says that my remote is recharged while in the ignition. I didnt feel any ridges, so I guess I dont have comfort access. The other remote works perfectly.
It might just be that the battery needs to be charged. If the other remote got lots of use and this one didn't the battery may be low or dead. Try driving with it in the "ignition" for a few days and see if it comes back to life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts