BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 325 Black Sapphire/Beige Leather/Premium etc over the weekend! What a ride - I can't stop driving!!!
My dealer told me they didn't have all the software yet for the car so some features aren't working. Has anyone else been told this too?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked up my car last week, and the only thing that my dealer was not able to setup/program is the Daytime Driving lamps...The dealers won't be getting the software for that until later in the year. Other than that, everything else works in my car. What doesn't work in yours?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was told there was something with the fm radio in cars without NAV. Maybe with the seek button? Just heard it in passing at the dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
matrix1 said:
I picked up my car last week, and the only thing that my dealer was not able to setup/program is the Daytime Driving lamps...The dealers won't be getting the software for that until later in the year. Other than that, everything else works in my car. What doesn't work in yours?
I have enabled my daytime driving lamps, (just to test, not a requirement here in SA yet) and it works perfectly

·
Registered
111 Posts
What you might have heard is that RDS isn't working on FM radios in cars WITH NAV yet. It works fine in cars without NAV. This is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming software update for the cars themselves. Until then we have to manage with frequency numbers instead of the call-letters in the station list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told that the power locks cannot be programmed yet. Mine requires the button to be used. No 5mph auto lock or unlock when put in park until the software is available in Sept.

Anyone hear different?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Actually, I've heard that the Station call-letters will appear, but it's the other stuff like artist and song info that isn't appearing.

equipto76 said:
What you might have heard is that RDS isn't working on FM radios in cars WITH NAV yet. It works fine in cars without NAV. This is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming software update for the cars themselves. Until then we have to manage with frequency numbers instead of the call-letters in the station list.

·
Registered
47 Posts
jwex said:
I was told that the power locks cannot be programmed yet. Mine requires the button to be used. No 5mph auto lock or unlock when put in park until the software is available in Sept.

Anyone hear different?
My car auto locks the doors on one "key". The other does not. Strange....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hoooo boy. Hold on. Had my e46 in the shop almost 90 days for the thermostat, failed door vapor barriers, sunroof issues. no problems since but a big hassle. hope it goes well..monitoring the boards as I really like the way the E90 (exterior) looks. all the best.

·
Registered
132 Posts
BMW NA told me this morning that:

1) RDS has been phased out of the iDrive radio due to technical problems (confirming what the dealer told me yesterday). They had no information on whether it would come back.

2) Daytime running lights and audio alarm confirmation when locking the car should be available in a software update NOW. They said there was a bulletin that was issued only this week stating that. He said that my dealer should be able to get it by "connecting to the network".

·
Registered
132 Posts
montfish said:
Picked up my new 325 Black Sapphire/Beige Leather/Premium etc over the weekend! What a ride - I can't stop driving!!!
I picked mine up on Saturday and I can't stop driving either! I have put 600 miles on it already. Boy am I glad I didn't lease it
:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
No Station call-letters on Nav equipped

No call-letters, artist, song, etc. on my nav-equipped 330i.

RedStripe said:
Actually, I've heard that the Station call-letters will appear, but it's the other stuff like artist and song info that isn't appearing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wolf359 said:
Any pictures by chance...? :)

I'm waiting a black sapphire too (But Lemon inside).
I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them later this weekend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The RDS works fine on mine. I don't have the NAV. As some of the others have mentioned I do not have the daytime running lights, auto locking of the doors at 5mph and no audible alarm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
silverado said:
BMW NA told me this morning that:

1) RDS has been phased out of the iDrive radio due to technical problems (confirming what the dealer told me yesterday). They had no information on whether it would come back.

2) Daytime running lights and audio alarm confirmation when locking the car should be available in a software update NOW. They said there was a bulletin that was issued only this week stating that. He said that my dealer should be able to get it by "connecting to the network".
My Nav Equipped iDrive RDS works perfectly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
will-san said:
Yes but you also have TV on your nav screen right? Aprently the SA version is quite a bit diffrent.
It seems rather stupid to me, as the cars destined for the USA are also build in South Africa, furthermore when i went into the chanel frequency selection on iDrive for the TV you have to specify your country and USA as well as NTSC is available to select! Seems like the software caters for North America as we use PAL.

Seems like the are just blocking things off in your cars, my guess would be software issue.

As we buy the TV tuner seperately in SA for our E90 i would love to know whether if a tuner bought in SA and fitted to an iDrive enabled USA model would work?

·
Registered
68 Posts
well, i love that the NAV equipped cars dont get MP3 support or RDS, i dont understand why BMW programmers cannot get these to work since adding NAV adds a more capable computer... jeez

·
Registered
40 Posts
Software availabe now

I just talked to my dealer, Sonnen in San Rafael and they said they can program a bunch of things now. The service guy sent me a list:

Daytime running lights
Pathway lighting
Drive seat position memory
Armed alarm confirmation signal (only with alarm)
Automatic locking after vehicle is in motion
Selective central unlocking
Climiate control settings memory

He could have these things done in about 1 hour.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts