BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 335xi and the tranny blew on me the other day, have a replacement on the way. So i did some research and found out that i would have to code the new one in there once i got it , could it be posslibe to just reset the adaptations with xhp or x delete and if not could it be possible to swap just the mechatronic unit to the new one and not have to code it in?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't know a lot about it, but I thought the ZF transmission were known to have certain gaskets/o-rings fail and you could buy kits of solenoid to repair the mechatronic. I thought the mechatronic included the electronics where the identity of the unit would be held that the other computers would be looking for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know a lot about it, but I thought the ZF transmission were known to have certain gaskets/o-rings fail and you could buy kits of solenoid to repair the mechatronic. I thought the mechatronic included the electronics where the identity of the unit would be held that the other computers would be looking for.
Thats not what im trying to do i dont think you understood my question

1 - 3 of 3 Posts