BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The E90 US Brochure is posted over and there is NO mention of SMG. As someone that already ordered a SMG 330i I am very disapointed. All the other September options and colors are listed. Well it looks like BMW is abandoning position as an inovator. They just do not understand the tech adoption curve. All they needed to do was put an overnight test drive SMG car at every dealership and let people learn to love it. After they do love it where else are they going to go, Audi I think not.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Brochure is available at www.bmwusa.com. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape just yet as the lack of SMG contradicts previous press releases. The 530i still has the SMG option. No reason to think it's a nogo for the 3er.

·
Drives cars for a living!
3,935 Posts
Tonight at the 3 Across America event the speaker said it would be coming soon after launch. Can't remember the exact details, but it's coming later, maybe with the coupes. :dunno:

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
Tonight at the 3 Across America event the speaker said it would be coming soon after launch. Can't remember the exact details, but it's coming later, maybe with the coupes. :dunno:
I'm jealous that you had the 3 Across America over a weeked. Here it was from 12:00-3:00pm on a Wednesday :rolleyes: I can't believe they expected people to take off work. I love my BMW's, but not enough to burn a day of vacation.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
How was it? Wanted to go... just got busy with my girlfriend :eeps: :D

The weather was great for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
wheel-man said:

Went to the Chicago 3 across america event today. The car drew a lot of attention as there were about 50 people attending. The new 3 looks pretty good. The seats and steering wheel feel more secure and comfortable than my 04 330i sp. I have silver cube trim and I definitely like my e46 dash better than the e90. I didnt my the straight lines as much as the overall appearance as the brushed aluminum trim looked abit cheap.

It was really nice to see the '72 2002tii, 83 320i, 91 325is, and 97 M3 lightweight that they were showing off. My son liked the 2002 and the free sandwiches and cookies!

Attachments

·
Drives cars for a living!
3,935 Posts
wheel-man said:

Sort of lack luster for me, since I drove the car in Germany the whole previous week. But my wife really wanted to see the car and get some free food!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts