BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the BMWFS lease details (MF and Residual) will be released for the '07 335i (ED)?

Also, is it a good/bad idea (in terms of negotiating) to order the car through ED and negotiate the purchase price before the BMWFS MF and Residual are released?

Thanks!

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
295 Posts
I would think that the MF/residuals will be released in September when the cars formally hit the showrooms.

As far as negotiation tactics go - definitely negotiate the best price before any mention of how you plan to pay for the car (i.e. finance, lease, or cash)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KTJ, how would this apply to ED?

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Be aware that lease rates on a new model will be really bad, expect a high money factor for the first 6 months at least.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Who is planning to buy their e92 335i rather than pay the high lease rates when the car first comes out?

·
Registered
304 Posts
MrSilver said:
Who is planning to buy their e92 335i rather than pay the high lease rates when the car first comes out?
Why are you assuming high lease rates for the E92 335?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NASA43 said:
Be aware that lease rates on a new model will be really bad, expect a high money factor for the first 6 months at least.
This is really unfortunate. I've been holding out on buying a car for nearly two years waiting for the new coupe and I honostly can't wait much longer. It will really suck having to pay high interest rates and purchasing it will lead to even higher monthly payments. Any thoughts?

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Spoonie G said:
Why are you assuming high lease rates for the E92 335?
Uh, because it is a new model and will be in high demand.

·
Registered
304 Posts
NASA43 said:
Uh, because it is a new model and will be in high demand.
Not all the time. It isn't a given that new models will have high lease rates. You are speculating. Later

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Spoonie G said:
Not all the time. It isn't a given that new models will have high lease rates. You are speculating. Later
No, I'm clairvoyant.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
NASA43 said:
No, I'm clairvoyant.
I've always liked that word. I get easily impressed when someone uses that word in a sentence.:thumbup:

Back to the subject, expect rates to be somewhat decent like the current 5 Series programs with strong residuals.

Spoonie G, be sure to remember that ED leases get a .0003 rate adder on the lease rate which basically goes towards BMW FS making your second payment while in transit.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
adrian's bmw said:
I've always liked that word. I get easily impressed when someone uses that word in a sentence.:thumbup:
How about serendipity?
That is how I discovered the Joy of Driving BMWs.

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
adrian's bmw said:
Back to the subject, expect rates to be somewhat decent like the current 5 Series programs with strong residuals.
The 07 5 series money factors are high to me. :)
I know interest rates have gone up, but I got .0012 on my 04 330i with 60% residual. Going to .00245 with 62% residual on a high 40k car adds about $75 per month to the payment. I'm hoping things get a little better next Feb/March when I will be making my decision on what to do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually it could be a really good Lease rate to get cars on the road and spur demand outside our enthusist bubble the new coupe is not well known to the average Joe

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
CrashOveride said:
Actually it could be a really good Lease rate to get cars on the road and spur demand outside our enthusist bubble the new coupe is not well known to the average Joe
We shall see but I don't think history supports this argument.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts