BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check it out guys. I needed to paint the front bumper so I decided to do a little extra work to it.

I deleted the reflectors and the headlight washer doors.

I still need to get it buffer on Monday, but the color matching was almost perfect (using original BMW paint).:thumbup:

I love the clean look.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody know how I can post the pictures to look bigger? The are all high resolution pictures taken with a 12.1 megapixel camera at the highest resolution posted on Flickr.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,106 Posts
Very nice - that's the way the front fenders should have looked from the factory. I swapped the amber reflectors out for color-matched replacements, but it obviously isn't nearly as clean as what you've done.

I guess you don't have headlamp washers though, eh? Or if you did, they don't work so well anymore... :p

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I guess you don't have headlamp washers though, eh? Or if you did, they don't work so well anymore... :p
lol that's what I was thinking, when you activate the washers, do they spray all over the underside of the bumper cover??

I do like the clean no-reflector look, nice job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice - that's the way the front fenders should have looked from the factory. I swapped the amber reflectors out for color-matched replacements, but it obviously isn't nearly as clean as what you've done.

Thanks.

I live in Cali, so the headlight washers are not a needed item here. They would have been a waste of money for me. I only opted for the heated seats insted of the whole cold weather package.

Agree, I love the cleanliness of the front bumper now. I was supposed to get the kindney grills painted also, but was adviced against (something about the paint not being able to adhere properly).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.