BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the E92 is getting a new hood (similar to E90) next spring?

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
The spy shots that have been published don't show an E90-like crease....

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
im 50/50 on if they will/wont. The 650 LCI has it.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
if it increases the space between the top of the hood and the top of the engine block, i would bet that the LCI will have it.

the sedan got the hood and the bigger mirrors to comply with EU pedestrian safety regs in part. first bit ( mirrors) is done for the coupe.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
if it increases the space between the top of the hood and the top of the engine block, i would bet that the LCI will have it.

the sedan got the hood and the bigger mirrors to comply with EU pedestrian safety regs in part. first bit ( mirrors) is done for the coupe.
Probably in the minority here but I actually prefer the clean look of a no crease hood and the smaller sportier mirrors for the 335i coupe.

Regards,
Daytrader

·
Become the Bull
883 Posts
Probably in the minority here but I actually prefer the clean look of a no crease hood and the smaller sportier mirrors for the 335i coupe.
I love the tiny mirrors, if i wanted a sedan's mirrors i would have bought a sedan.

I'm 50/50 on the hood. I like the hood on the e90, but i dunno if it will "add" anything to the e92. I'm inev. going to get the M-tech bumper and carbon hood in a couple of years b/c of the eventual scratches and rock chips up here in NY.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does anyone know if the E92 is getting a new hood (similar to E90) next spring?
Boy, I would hope not. I think the "crease" on E90 hood looks terrible. I really liked the "smooth" look of my '07 E90 hood...and love my E92 look now. I just don't think the E90 looks that great most of the time...every once in awhile the right combo of color and wheels, etc. strikes me, but more often than not, I find the E90 to be less than cool looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts