BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy either a new M3 or a new five series which one should I go with I'm currently a six series owner..... Well not new M3 but 08 M3 or of 2012 five series, should I go with performance when M3 or go with reliability with the 5-series?

·
Super Moderator
8,495 Posts
There is a lot of difference between speed, power, & fun with a M Series. A 5 Series is more of a mid sized luxury car. Which ever you go with, make sure to read up on all of the problems with the engines in the last 5 years. There have been more problems than normal. There is lot of info on the net!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I used to have an E90 and loved it. I'd probably go that route over the 5 series, although if you like the comfort and size of the 6 going to a 3 might make it feel like a step down.
Drive both, make a list (even if mental) of your must haves, nice to haves, and at that point only you can decide.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I test drove the M3 a few years back and I loved it. I drove the 5-series periodically when I take my vehicle to get serviced.. They are just two completely diff cars.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Had a loan of a couple of e92 M3s before I bought my M6. I loved the sound of the v* and the handing but I did think it was a little small compared to the car I was driving at the time (e63 630i 6 Series).

I would go with the M3 every time!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sorry I never finished off my previous post properly. The e92 M3 has a fantastic sound, power is pretty good to be fair. The cabin is a little underwhelming and a bit cramped.
However overall I think it is s much more exciting car than a run of the mill F10 5 Series. For that reason I would choose the M3 out of the two options you identified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts