BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

e92 m3 performance electronice steering wheel v2

2479 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ModBargains.com
Hey whats up everyone? I just recently went to work and purchased the version 2 BMW electronic steering wheel w/o steptronic the Hp infrared transmitter, the Hp infrared reciever, a adapter cable for the battery charger and the alcantara wheel cover. Does anyone know how long it takes to put in? I have no idea how to do it by myself nor do i want to. I just wanted an idea of how many hours it calls for so i know what to expect when i go to the dealer and they hit me over the head with the price. I know its about $120.00 - $130.00 per hour at the dealer and i think the wheel calls for 4&1/2 labor. Can anyone help clear it up a little bit more for me. This way i can start to save some cash cause that wheel was exensive and took me forever to save up for
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I know my mechanic installed the ver 1 and it took him a little more then an hour, but the dealer will rap you on this and charge you a lot more.

If I can ask you a question what is the part number for the Hp infrared transmitter/ Hp infrared reciever kit?

Thanks
Hey whats up everyone? I just recently went to work and purchased the version 2 BMW electronic steering wheel w/o steptronic the Hp infrared transmitter, the Hp infrared reciever, a adapter cable for the battery charger and the alcantara wheel cover. Does anyone know how long it takes to put in? I have no idea how to do it by myself nor do i want to. I just wanted an idea of how many hours it calls for so i know what to expect when i go to the dealer and they hit me over the head with the price. I know its about $120.00 - $130.00 per hour at the dealer and i think the wheel calls for 4&1/2 labor. Can anyone help clear it up a little bit more for me. This way i can start to save some cash cause that wheel was exensive and took me forever to save up for
The install is pretty straight forward and should take about an hour and some change to complete. Here is a DIY guide made by doba_s.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.