BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its' done. 07' 328i ordered. I do not have a production date until late October, which means I won't get the car until December. I guess it's in time for christmas :D
I chose to go with Jet Black on Black. I'm in Canada so the packages are a little different. Premium Package with Sport Package is what I've ordered. Can't wait to see the 18's on this ride though. 6 speed manual.
My question is should I change the Jet Black to Black Sapphire?? The metallic paint always looks good, but the Jet black (when clean) is just so slick.
Any feedback? Metallic paint or not? :dunno:

·
Registered
98 Posts
you could not give me a black car..period! After 1 year it will look terrible. It is impossible to keep clean and swirl marks out. Yes it does look killer on the showroom floor.
But its your car and enjoy it--thats all that matters--go with the metallic

White
light grey

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd go to your local dealer and view some of the E90's in person and get a personal perspective. I plan on ordering AW, but the new blue is a possiblity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I prefer Jet -- had on my last 325. It is a more pure black. To me sapphire always looks dirty. Sapphire probably hides the dirt a little better than Jet, however. You really must constantly clean your vehicle to keep it looking good with Jet Black, but when clean, there is no sharper color. If you are debating, why not just save the money and get jet black (assuming it is still a costly option to get metalic)?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are there actual pictures available of a black E92? My imagination is underdeveloped and I have a hard time picturing it in my head. With a picture I can give thumbs up or down on the black (jet or sapphire).

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
Black on any car looks great. IMO I would stick with Jet Black. Cheaper and like you said, looks awesome when cleaned.

Take that $500 or so dollars and invest in some good wax!

·
Tracer
134 Posts
rrandyy said:
Are there actual pictures available of a black E92? My imagination is underdeveloped and I have a hard time picturing it in my head. With a picture I can give thumbs up or down on the black (jet or sapphire).
Here, check this out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was stuck between getting Metallic or Jet Black also, but had a 2001 in Jet Black that just looked so SWEET. The Metallic just looks so dull.

I'm going w/ Jet Black again :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I bought my first black car last year and it looked so sharp in the showrooms. When i started driving it i was surpised HOW QUICKLY IT GOT DIRTY. Even when it rained, it left those droplet marks all over :yikes: Stays clean for all about 3-4days and washing it is a little tricker.

The pros for black was that Its looks great everytime it comes out of a wash. Like many people stated, no color competes with Black when its clean. It gives this shiny sleek look at night in particular. Put that with HID lights and turn on the foglights and it looks great. Im amazed how even the uglist car still look somewat decent in black.

If i had to do it again, id buy black all over again :bigpimp: For the E92 i might go black again or possiable a gunmetal silver color (not sure wat bmw calls this color)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
TracerHawk said:
Here, check this out.
QUOTE]

That black does look sweet! But...having had a black car before, they are a bitch to keep clean. I enjoy detailing my cars, but it's frustrating when they get dirty so fast. Personally, I couldn't do it again.

·
Tracer
134 Posts
I had a black BMW too, 2 cars ago. Wouldnt buy one again, showed swirl marks and microscratches too easily. They are gorgeous when brand new though.

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
Go for the Black Saphirre. I had it on my 04 330i and it looks much better then Jet Black, IMO. It's true that black is hard to keep clean but it's not the horror story that so many make it out to be. One nice thing about black is it doesn't show dead bugs & road tar like the lighter colors do. Black shows "dust" more then anything else and that can easily be washed off, but the stuff that doesn't easily wash off, black hides. As far as swirl marks, just make sure you're careful when you wash it. Use a high quality sheepskin mit for just the top 80% of the car and constantly rinse it off while washing. For the bottom sections use a separate mit or sponge. Eitherway, all colors will look like sh*t in a few years if you don't take care of them. If I get an E92 I'm 99% positive it will be metallic black. If I get an E92 M3 and they offer Carbon Black I will definitely get that one again, I loved that color. :bow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a black sapphire e90, with the color being the hardest decision. I can honestly say that i couldnt be more happy. IMO it looks SO much better than black. Also, when sapphire gets dirty, it doesnt look as bad as the flat paint. Make sure you check for yourself, but for me its sapphire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate all the replies on this. I currently have a 2006 X3 2.5L in Jet black. Yes, it's hard to keep clean, but i wash it 3 times a week anyways. The swirl marks can get a bit much, but hand washing keep them to a minimum.
I'm goign to leave the order as it stands. Jet black on black. It is classy.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Moderato said:
They do....for the M3. ;)
Well, actually, for $2500 I am sure you could convince them...
like on this X5 Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Bmw x5

but this one I can't tell, it was in person on my camera phone at the lake
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Sport utility vehicle

:clap: :clap: That is one hot color... well, at least the first one... :angel:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.