BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm drawn to the saddle brown leather interior with either dark burl wood or aluminum and am debating between Monaco Blue and Deep Green. I presently have a silver A4 Avant with black leather and aluminum. Love the way it looks but am thinking I'd like something different in the coupe. The Monaco Blue and Saddle seems like a winner but I'm wondering about the Green. Nobody goes for it. Do you think the body and lines of the E92 work with that color?

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
Rudolfo said:
I'm drawn to the saddle brown leather interior with either dark burl wood or aluminum and am debating between Monaco Blue and Deep Green. I presently have a silver A4 Avant with black leather and aluminum. Love the way it looks but am thinking I'd like something different in the coupe. The Monaco Blue and Saddle seems like a winner but I'm wondering about the Green. Nobody goes for it. Do you think the body and lines of the E92 work with that color?
If you want to be different the go for the green, otherwise get the Monaco Blue and you can't go wrong. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The Green color was very popular back in the early/mid 90s. Lots of dark green 5 series sedans sold back then...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Deep Metalic Green

I just took ED of my 325xi in Deep Metalic Greenl with beige leather and poplar wood trim and I think that it is a very classic look. I would not have liked a lighter green or a greener green but BMW got this color right! Too bad more people don't care for this color so I guess that it makes my car more distinctive. I plan to add black line tail lights for an even more distictive look. I am 62 yrs old, so my taste may be different than that for the younger set, but I look at my first BMW as a luxury sedan, not a racing machine.

325xi, Deep Metalic Green, poplar, beige leather, step, cold weather, prem, nav, xenons, pdc, sirius:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
My E92 335i will be black with Saddle brown interior, aluminum trim, 6 speed, NO sunroof, NO BMW assist-
No other options need- and that will cost me about 45k- my ZHP was 41k so I think that that is fair. I cant wait for November 2007 when I will be ordering my 08 335i!!!!!

The one Option that I do want that I dont think that will come with the E92 ( that DOES come with the E90) is the power rear sunshade. In Texas - hell everywhere it gets hot and that works wonders- another great feature I would pay for is what my Audi A6 had- a solar panel in the sunroof that would power the AC fan and circualte air when the internal temp got above 95 degrees- it worked GREAT nad is a fantatic feature- but BMW does not offer this at least at the 3 series.

·
Registered
63 Posts
NO sunroof...
How can you do this, I thought it came standard for USA models? Can you special order 335i without one, do you get any money off doing this? I would just as soon have more headroom that a sunroof in a E92! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
TISILE46ZHP said:
My E92 335i will be black with Saddle brown interior, aluminum trim, 6 speed, NO sunroof, NO BMW assist-
No other options need- and that will cost me about 45k- my ZHP was 41k so I think that that is fair. I cant wait for November 2007 when I will be ordering my 08 335i!!!!!

The one Option that I do want that I dont think that will come with the E92 ( that DOES come with the E90) is the power rear sunshade. In Texas - hell everywhere it gets hot and that works wonders- another great feature I would pay for is what my Audi A6 had- a solar panel in the sunroof that would power the AC fan and circualte air when the internal temp got above 95 degrees- it worked GREAT nad is a fantatic feature- but BMW does not offer this at least at the 3 series.
335i will have option of Manual or Electric Rear shade -- see the various option posts around the forum.

I have G35 at the moment and I have been using this during this summers heat. (http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/cwg...100&seq_no=6&min_seq_no=901&SingleItem=33302). I also use one of those windshield reflectors and while it is still warm in the car I don't get that "my butt is on fire -- hot! hot! hot!" sensations when I get in the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pedal2Floor said:
335i will have option of Manual or Electric Rear shade -- see the various option posts around the forum.

I have G35 at the moment and I have been using this during this summers heat. (http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/cwg...100&seq_no=6&min_seq_no=901&SingleItem=33302). I also use one of those windshield reflectors and while it is still warm in the car I don't get that "my butt is on fire -- hot! hot! hot!" sensations when I get in the car.
tried the link but didn't seem to work... also I am pretty sure that the moonroof comes standard on the e92s and doubt you can get one without it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
NuovoTech said:
How can you do this, I thought it came standard for USA models? Can you special order 335i without one, do you get any money off doing this? I would just as soon have more headroom that a sunroof in a E92! :thumbup:
Nuovo- yes you can special order without a sunroof- I did it on my ZHP- I waited 3 months but it was cool- like they were building the car for me- they sent me the build order number and I could track the progress online.
I will do the same with my new coupe- I am only 6' tall but headroom is at a premium in the current E46 coupe and the E92 will be no excpetion- I will save the $1200 and gain 2 " of head room and a couple of percentage points of rigidity.

Check out all the new reviews on the new coupe- the writers are gushing all over it.

That car is going to look so good in black.

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
TISILE46ZHP said:
Nuovo- yes you can special order without a sunroof- I did it on my ZHP- I waited 3 months but it was cool- like they were building the car for me- they sent me the build order number and I could track the progress online.
I will do the same with my new coupe- I am only 6' tall but headroom is at a premium in the current E46 coupe and the E92 will be no excpetion- I will save the $1200 and gain 2 " of head room and a couple of percentage points of rigidity.

Check out all the new reviews on the new coupe- the writers are gushing all over it.

That car is going to look so good in black.
Good luck with that.... they are not going to let you special order w/o the roof. It is a BMWNA decision and they have not allowed anyone to do it on any of the E90 models. On the previous gen that was a different story and you are not going to save anything on it, ask around and you will see. BTW all cars that you order get a build number, the dealership gets a build number for every car on the lot and if the car is not in production as they had it specced it can be changed for you and then you have a car! They build each car to order, not like GM that just builds a car and picks a dealer to send it to. It will be a few years until they start allowing special builds in the US, demand is high and it simplifies the money factors and depreciation a lot. Cars w/o moonroofs have less of a demand and resale in the US. Best of luck! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts