BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so here goes.

The roof of my E93 Convertable opens and closes correctly but it does not clamp down tightly under the rear pillars so the head lining does not pull tight and saga.
The strings all look in good order with no fraying etc.
I have taken the car to BMW who basically had a look and said thats how it is !!!
Has anyone had the same problem / knows how to resolve the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
There are gaps around the C pillar covers if you look for them, but nothing should be sagging, or look sagged. Everything should be tight.

My first guess would have been frayed strings, as the original ones when they fray they stretch and get a little longer.

If there is slack in the strings you should be able to push the rear pillar covers back, if it's work as it should there should be very little movement (less than 1/4 inch or so).

·
Registered
367 Posts
My E93 also has gap like that as well...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yup- that looks about right. The fabric is maybe a tad stretched out, but that could be variances in manufacture.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The gap is also visible from trunk. When I was cleaning the trunk, I noticed light coming through from the interior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the same with mine, light can be seen from the boot. Looks like that's how they all seem to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts