Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ah...I was wondering why all of the sudden my V1 was giving me false laser signals. This happens to me at least once/wk. I was going to send the thing in for service but now I get it. Maybe Ill just turn off the laser function. In PA and NJ there's hardly any laser being used.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
Ah...I was wondering why all of the sudden my V1 was giving me false laser signals. This happens to me at least once/wk. I was going to send the thing in for service but now I get it. Maybe Ill just turn off the laser function. In PA and NJ there's hardly any laser being used.
On my previous car I used to get false laser alams from my Garmin StreetPilot evey night at dusk. I had to adjust the way both devices were aimed to prevent this. I don't use the Garmin in my E93 (I have IDrive). I use the same V1 but have not any problems with false laser alerts..

CA

·
Registered
108 Posts
Infiniti uses lasers in their smart cruise to judge the distance between vehicles. This sets off the V1. I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers with this feature start setting it off as well. :thumbdwn:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts