BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has been in storage for the past 7 months. Treated it to new injectors, coils and plugs and it's running smoother than I can ever remember. Went to put the top down to lube the seals etc up and it is refusing to retract.
When holding the roof release button on the centre console the windows go down as normal. The motor can be heard running as normal and the rear section of the roof unlatches itself and tries to rise. However nothing happens with the front section of the roof. It will not move at all. I have gently applied pressure to the front section whilst holding the roof release button. It will not budge from the windscreen at all.
Everything else is normal and you can see and hear the rear section unlatching as normal. I can't for the life of me remember if there are meant to be any sounds from the front section unlatching. The front is silent when trying to operate it and won't move at all.
I've lubed everything I can in between the seals and let it sit for 3 days to fully get in there but still nothing.
Checked all fuses none have blown.
Please can anyone shed some light on this I'm truly stumped. Was working perfectly before it was put in storage.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention. I have swapped the salmon relays round to see if that made a difference. Still only the rear section unlatching so it's not them. The hydraulic fluid is just under half full on the motor. Not sure how full this is meant to be.

·
Registered
2008 BMW 335i RWD E93
29 Posts
Might be a bad micro-switch within the c-pillars or a broken wire like this guys Z4:
Timestamp 33:41 for manually opening the top DIY to service electrical components:
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.