Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger seat alarm is going off when no one is sitting in it. When I click the seatbelt in the alarm goes off. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
There is a sensing system in the E9n seat which detects weight of something on the seat AND can sense if the thing on the seat seams to have the butt pattern of a person on it.

That sensor can go bad, and it is not inexpensive to have a dealer install it, as there is some 'coding' to activate the new sensor properly...not necessarily a DIY replacement of the sensor itself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a sensing system in the E9n seat which detects weight of something on the seat AND can sense if the thing on the seat seams to have the butt pattern of a person on it.

That sensor can go bad, and it is not inexpensive to have a dealer install it, as there is some 'coding' to activate the new sensor properly...not necessarily a DIY replacement of the sensor itself.
ive read about diy bypass you can do but am worried that will disable the airbag and my passenger will then fly through the window. any thoughts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Just look at the range of dates covered.
If you aren't covered you need to replace or bypass.
If you bought the car second hand BMW may not even
know where to send letter's .
There is a BMW recall checker online which also may not
always be accurate but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
ive read about diy bypass you can do but am worried that will disable the airbag and my passenger will then fly through the window. any thoughts?
Unless you know the behavior of your SRS system under different circumstances while the bypass simulator is connected, you may be endangering a passenger unnecessarily!
  1. If an adult is in the seat, and bag deploys, no major issue, it is working like it should
  2. If a small child is in the seat, and the bag deploys, big isse because it is NOT working like it should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts