BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my windows tinted a couple weeks ago and the driver side window broke while they were doing it. So window replaced and tinted. I then noticed that there was an awful lot of wind noise from that window. On closer inspection Insee it does not roll up all the way when the door is closed. With my finger I can feel the top of the window under the rubber on the drivers side but not the passenger side. Has any one had this happen before and if so, is it something I can fix myself with an adjustment or does the window need to be reset on the track?

I've had to do this on my 84 Camaro 20 years ago and it needed a whole new track.

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,391 Posts
Our car's drop the windows when opening the door, and goes up that small amount when we close them. Can you tell if it attempts to go up after you close it or does it stay the same?

I would take it back to whom ever installed it and tell them to make it right. Either they fix it or pay to have the dealer take care of it.

let us know how it turns out.

Regards

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our car's drop the windows when opening the door, and goes up that small amount when we close them. Can you tell if it attempts to go up after you close it or does it stay the same?

I would take it back to whom ever installed it and tell them to make it right. Either they fix it or pay to have the dealer take care of it.

let us know how it turns out.

Regards
It does roll back up but both the "open" and "closed" window heights are about 1/8" shorter on the driver's side. Measured a different E93 and confirmed.

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,391 Posts
Sounds like it might just be a matter of adjusting the glass in the track. You never said who did the window repair, I would make the leap and say that there is some sort of warranty on the repair. Take it back to them and explain what is going on and have them adjust the glass.

Regards

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,391 Posts
Good for you, glad it was fairly simple and not out of your pocket. :thumbup:

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
The window stops needs to be relearned. Try holding the window button down for 20+ seconds. Then hold up on the button. If the window only moves a bit, keep releasing and pushing the button until the glass is at the top. Then hold the button up for 20+ seconds.

Sometimes pulling the battery will also cause the windows to be reinitialized with the procedure above so you can try disconnecting the battery and trying the procedure again. You may have to do it on all windows.

If this doesn't work, you may need the window glass adjusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts