BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
anybody try P21S wheel cleaner?

At my OC detail clinic / fact finding session, Bing330i is going to bring P21S wheel cleaner. From a website that sells it - " A 100% acid-free wheel cleaner that's safe to use for all types of wheels. Recommended by Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Volvo, VW and Audi to remove brake dust and road grime. This is a water-based non-acidic detergent that provides great cleaning and guarantees not to damage any type of wheel."

Anybody tried it?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Intermezzo said:
Perhaps I might change my mind about wheel cleaners after trying out Griot's :) How does the stuff smell? Does accidental inhalation of its overspray cause any lung discomfort?
It smells like pink BubbleYum. :D And it certainly doesn't sting on your skin nor give breathing problems. The reason I bought it to begin with was that I was already placing an order with Griots, and it has endorsement from BBS, who made my Alpina wheels.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used to use a highly-touted, online-bought Ph-neutral wheel cleaner that required scrubbing too....until I found out from someone in the industry that it contained a lot of butyls (based on his company's chemical analysis). The reason why I asked about the lung burning is that if you accidentaly inhaled THIS stuff’s overspray, it would give your lungs a mild burning sensation and induce coughing. Sounds like Griot’s wheel cleaner is definitely worth trying out! Thanks for the info!

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Re: anybody try P21S wheel cleaner?

scottn2retro said:
At my OC detail clinic / fact finding session, Bing330i is going to bring P21S wheel cleaner. From a website that sells it - " A 100% acid-free wheel cleaner that's safe to use for all types of wheels. Recommended by Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Volvo, VW and Audi to remove brake dust and road grime. This is a water-based non-acidic detergent that provides great cleaning and guarantees not to damage any type of wheel."

Anybody tried it?
Have not tried it here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I'm just missing something here. I've never seen an occasion where any auto shampoo I have on hand couldn't cut the brake dust. Even in the winter when I have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to wash my car, the stuff just washes off.

I used to use a wheel cleaner, Eagle One I think, but that was before some got on the passenger side window and etched the glass(the wind was blowing, which the label said "Do not use in windy conditions"). After that experience I never bought or used any again.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts