BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an early 2014 F12 manufactured 4/13 and there are two features that I don't have that I'm wondering if can be enabled via coding: "Long press" to activate Siri and showing iphone playlists via Bluetooth. Audio streaming via Bluetooth works, but it only shows the current song and does not show playlists.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have verified that I have option 6NS, but Siri via "long press" doesn't work whether via USB or Bluetooth nor artwork via bluetooth. I had called BMW a while back and they said it was because I had an earlier version of hardware that was updated 7/13 and my car was built 4/13, but wasn't sure if that was true or not and am hoping the function is just disable in HU_NBT somewhere.

·
Premium Member
40,341 Posts
I have verified that I have option 6NS, but Siri via "long press" doesn't work whether via USB or Bluetooth nor artwork via bluetooth. I had called BMW a while back and they said it was because I had an earlier version of hardware that was updated 7/13 and my car was built 4/13, but wasn't sure if that was true or not and am hoping the function is just disable in HU_NBT somewhere.
Are these coded?

HU_NBT => CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_BTAS_BROWSING = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_BTAS_METADATA = aktiv

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these coded?

HU_NBT => CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_BTAS_BROWSING = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART = aktiv
HU_NBT => ENT_BTAS_METADATA = aktiv
Of these four only METADATA is aktiv. I don't have a ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART. I only have a ENT_BTAS_IAP. Can I assume these are the same?

·
Premium Member
40,341 Posts
Of these four only METADATA is aktiv. I don't have a ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART. I only have a ENT_BTAS_IAP. Can I assume these are the same?
Should be the same.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
I have all five set to aktiv. You may want to search again.
ENT_BTAS_IAP Comments = Bluetooth audio streaming of IAP in Apple devices
ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART Comments = Enables or disables the cover art for iAP/BT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have all five set to aktiv. You may want to search again.
ENT_BTAS_IAP Comments = Bluetooth audio streaming of IAP in Apple devices
ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART Comments = Enables or disables the cover art for iAP/BT
You were right. I found it and set all five to active and everything works. Both Siri and all bluetooth functions. Unbelievable that they wouldn't have this enabled by default, but I have to say that when I got a loaner with these features I was thinking how nice it will be when I trade in my car in a few years to get them...

Thanks Almaretto and again and again ShawnSheridan.

The only things I haven't been successful in adding are:
1) "Mirror folding on door lock", which I understand isn't supported on a convertible.
2) changing the number of turnsignal blinks from 3: I found BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP under FRM, but the only options were einmal (once) and dreimal (three times) that set werte values of 1 and 2 respectively.
3) And adding NOAA Weatherband (enabling _WEATHERBAND didn't add it to the list), but I found threads that said that wasn't supported in NBT.

One other small thing. The coding tutorials show a version of esys that only has "read ECU" in the right panel. My version has "read SVT" and "read ECU". To be on the safe side, I read both and save both as separate files. Should I be doing this? What is the difference and is the file I save different or is it saving the same file for both?

·
Premium Member
40,341 Posts
...The only things I haven't been successful in adding are:
1) "Mirror folding on door lock", which I understand isn't supported on a convertible.
2) changing the number of turnsignal blinks from 3: I found BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP under FRM, but the only options were einmal (once) and dreimal (three times) that set werte values of 1 and 2 respectively.
3) And adding NOAA Weatherband (enabling _WEATHERBAND didn't add it to the list), but I found threads that said that wasn't supported in NBT.

One other small thing. The coding tutorials show a version of esys that only has "read ECU" in the right panel. My version has "read SVT" and "read ECU". To be on the safe side, I read both and save both as separate files. Should I be doing this? What is the difference and is the file I save different or is it saving the same file for both?
1) Does not work on F12
2) Does not wok in any F1x.
3) Does not work in NBT head Unit (CIC Only)

Read SVT shows list of ECU's based on SVT file stored in car VCM. Read ECU actually queries all system buses and shows all attached ECU's that respond. Either one can be used, and for some new cars like F15, you must use Read ECU as Read SVT fails.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello Guys,
Can be the voice button activated on F20 with HU_ENTRY (maybe CIC, I am not sure that it is the same) without combox?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
40,341 Posts
Hello Guys,
Can be the voice button activated on F20 with HU_ENTRY (maybe CIC, I am not sure that it is the same) without combox?
Thanks!
Voice Control requires an FSC Enabling Code issued by BMW AG for your car's VIN, that must be Imported and Activated in Head Unit, FA Updated, and car coded for Voice Control. In your specific case, you have HU_CHAMP Head Unit, so a AppID 143 (8F) Voice Control FSC Code is needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts