BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an F30 lease that expires in 8/17. I'd prefer to lease a new BMW this summer. I don't want to go to swaplease since I have 7msds.

I suspect I won't like the answer but here goes: I've committed to 36 payments on this lease, but will BMWFS make some sort of accommodation given that they're getting my car back a year newer and they'd be making a new lease?

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I have an F30 lease that expires in 8/17. I'd prefer to lease a new BMW this summer. I don't want to go to swaplease since I have 7msds.

I suspect I won't like the answer but here goes: I've committed to 36 payments on this lease, but will BMWFS make some sort of accommodation given that they're getting my car back a year newer and they'd be making a new lease?

Thanks in advance for your input!
No, unfortunately.

you will be trading your car in at whatever value it has now relative to what is owed on it. Depending on how aggressive your residual is, whether you put any money down (cap cost reduction) etc, you are looking at a loss of a few thousand dollars... just as if you were to have bought the car and try to trade it in after two years.

Any BMW dealer can help you get out of that lease though, you are just going to take a bath on it.. likely enough to eat up all your MSDs (depending on the stuff I said above), and still owe money.

If your car is subject to the Takata Airbag recall, that might give you some negotiating power but I believe they are only offering to get people out of those early if their leases expire sometime this year (up to dec of 2016).

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
jj spot on again. :thumbup:

No, unfortunately.

you will be trading your car in at whatever value it has now relative to what is owed on it. Depending on how aggressive your residual is, whether you put any money down (cap cost reduction) etc, you are looking at a loss of a few thousand dollars... just as if you were to have bought the car and try to trade it in after two years.

Any BMW dealer can help you get out of that lease though, you are just going to take a bath on it.. likely enough to eat up all your MSDs (depending on the stuff I said above), and still owe money.

If your car is subject to the Takata Airbag recall, that might give you some negotiating power but I believe they are only offering to get people out of those early if their leases expire sometime this year (up to dec of 2016).

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch, just as I feared. Thanks for the quick repliesj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts