BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up. sorry I'm late to the party. this board doesn't get much action for the S85 engine. I just did the carbon delete, need to look at those RPI scoops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 08 6 speed. The simplest way is to add a pedal commander or sprintbooster, that's what I have. All other brothers points are TRUE as well, in terms of RPI scoop, block off plate, BMC, Carbon delete, all those. Cat back system works very well, but it's LOUD. I have Dinan Stage 1, post 2800 rpm you can tell the software makes huge difference in terms of response and pull.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure about this, as RPI did not mentioned any tuning, remapping or ECU flashing after installing the scoops. There was a dyno before and after which showed a 15-17hp gain. I've done this mod and I can tell you there is without doubt a "feeling" of increase in power. I only say feeling because I don't have a dyno to prove it. Also, I was never implying there would be a significant increase in power. At best you'll upgrade to a 20-30 hp gain. That's a 4-6% increase which is not significant relative to the base 500hp, but is certainly noticeable.

There are some other cheap cosmetic upgrades I can recommend, but those are personal taste and may not be to everyone's liking. These basic performance mods I recommended here were covered thoroughly in several M5 Board threads, the general consensus was that they are the best no-brainer bang for the buck performance mods, especially the carbon filter delete which is literally a free mod. Many over there felt these were must-do mods. In the grand scheme of things, $300-350 isn't going to make or break anyone's bank when comparing other parts or regular maintenance on these beasts.
Do you still have your beast?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.