BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drove home today via calaveras (in the 330, finally) and saw a hook pulling out a silver E39 528i that went over the edge. the edges are steep and it's a long way down in many spots!!! the car appeared totaled and I hope the driver is okay. one of the first drivers in a long line of cars waiting for the tow truck and CHP to clear the road mentioned that the crash had actually happened a day or two earlier. they were just there today to fish out the car.

when I drive that road with a passenger, I drive much slower than when I'm alone mostly because I'm usually conversing with my passenger and find myself distracted (I can't walk and chew gum at the same time ;) ). I find that the road requires 150% of my attention and I slow down to well below the 25MPH speed limit around certain dangerous corners. have fun but please drive safely. I don't even do so much as adjust the radio or the climate control. If I don't remember to turn off the DSC before getting to the intense part, it stays on.

by the way, I hear that a helicopter ride out of there is ~$450. getting your car fished out of there might be close to the same amount just for the hook and you may be fined on top of that. and then there's paying for the deductable on the damage/car replacement.

remember:

1) no guard rails
2) calaveras="skulls" in spanish - probably for a reason

·
Registered
848 Posts
31st330i said:

by the way, I hear that a helicopter ride out of there is ~$450.
remember:

1) no guard rails
2) calaveras="skulls" in spanish - probably for a reason
A life flight ride is closer to $5000 not $450. My ambulance ride was 19 miles and cost $750. I don't think they are going to put a bird in the air for $450!

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: east bay people: PLEASE BE CAREFUL on calaveras road

Chipster said:
A life flight ride is closer to $5000 not $450. My ambulance ride was 19 miles and cost $750. I don't think they are going to put a bird in the air for $450!
woops... you're right. $4,716.

toward the bottom of the page....
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/CalaverasRd.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.