BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Z4 M Coupe
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier about a double filter on my US M coupe. There is an Orange filter and a grey filter. I have come to the conclusion that the grey filter is a charcoal filter and is only on US models. I decided to do a test. I got my friends G-tech and we did several runs and consistantly got 188 hp going one direction (210hp the other way, but not consistant) where we were doing the test. Then we pulled off the road, took out the charcoal filter, and did more runs in the same direction and peaked @ 189hp. TO THE COMPUTER BATMAN. so we downloaded the info and found that the peak gain was only 1hp, but over the mid range the gain was max 5 hp. So, if you want the extra 5 hp mid range, remove the grey filter from the airbox.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Throughout this whole post, I was thinking "the hell is this gray filter he keeps referring to?"

Then I noticed you have an 06 M Coupe.

·
Z4 M Coupe
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wyiel said:
Throughout this whole post, I was thinking "the hell is this gray filter he keeps referring to?"

Then I noticed you have an 06 M Coupe.
Quick question for you, do the Non-M's have the gray filter? Assuming you have a non-m based on comment

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
He is not a non M.
wyiel owns the "original" M Roadster. MZ3.:thumbup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
1987? Z4 M Coupe?

...wtf please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts