BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, still looking for my M-coupe and I found this on eBay today.
I'm seriously considering hitting the "Buy It Now" button. Have sent the seller an e-mail.

What do the resident experts around here think of this one?

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
philippek said:
Hot.

But it has been in service 11 times since new, 5 of those times for maintenance.
Mine has been in a dozen times too and the sevice history is hilarious because half of it is for rattles.

Edit: I would have no problem buying a car off eBay asuming it has a clear history, I had the service history(call a dealer, I've never had a problem getting it faxed to me) and that it passes an inspection. Standard used car buying procedure really.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben Carufel said:
What happened to that EB Coupe up in the Bay Area, Bob?
I offered the seller a deposit to hold it for me. He e-mailed back seeming surprised that I'd offer a deposit sight-unseen. Then he stopped communicating. Two e-mails have gone unanswered. So I really don't know what happened to that coupe.

This one is a pleasing colour to me (as is the EB) and it's an '02 with not many more miles on it and it's in stock condition. If I get a positive response from the seller I will start trying to plan a trip to San Antonio (I'd like to tour the Riverwalk anyway). I just need about a week before I do it due to my Mom being in hospital right now.

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
Wow, normally I don't go for monochromatic interior/exterior but I would make an exception for that car. If all the mechanicals etc check out I would go for it.

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
Bob,
Looks good to me.
The fact that the seller has stopped communicating is a bit disconcerting though.
I'd give them a call, and get it sorted out.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
I live in san antonio so if you would like I can buy it out from under you I mean CHECK it out for you, let me know Im not a pro at S54s but if you are far away from it I can give it a once over

·
L On Wheels
90 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:
If I get a positive response from the seller I will start trying to plan a trip to San Antonio (I'd like to tour the Riverwalk anyway). I just need about a week before I do it due to my Mom being in hospital right now.
I picked up my 01 MC from them last year. Very pleasant company to deal with. After inspecting it and test driving, I prayed all the way home no one would hit the buy it now before I could get home.

Anything I can do to help? AGofSA is only about 10 minutes from the airport and about 20 minutes from my house.

Larry

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
Let's Go! said:
I picked up my 01 MC from them last year. Very pleasant company to deal with. After inspecting it and test driving, I prayed all the way home no one would hit the buy it now before I could get home.

Anything I can do to help? AGofSA is only about 10 minutes from the airport and about 20 minutes from my house.

Larry
Its about time a fellow Sa'er was here on the board, larry we will have to meet up sometime

·
L On Wheels
90 Posts
01silber said:
Its about time a fellow Sa'er was here on the board, larry we will have to meet up sometime
Sounds good to me. If your leg is better, maybe we can go for a test drive for Bob.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's Go! said:
Sounds good to me. If your leg is better, maybe we can go for a test drive for Bob.
I would appreciate it if either or both of you could check it out for me. I think it looks pretty darned good to me, but eyes-on inspection by BMW-types would make me feel much better.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AussieZ3 said:
Bob,
Looks good to me.
The fact that the seller has stopped communicating is a bit disconcerting though.
I'd give them a call, and get it sorted out.
The seller that has stopped communicating is the private party with the Estoril Blue '01 M-coupe with several mods.
The sudden loss of commo worries me too. This Steel Gray '02 M-coupe is from a Texas dealer group. I just sent them the first e-mail today.
Really hoping that this works!

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm buying it!

Well, I just hit the "Buy It Now" button on the Steel Gray Coupe after finding out that it only takes $500 to hold it.
I hope y'all don't find out anything bad about it!

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,093 Posts
Very nice purchase. Hope it all checks out.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
uter said:
Very nice purchase. Hope it all checks out.
Thanks. Now I have to decide where to hang out at Bimmerfest --- with the Tourings or with the Coupes!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts