BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, I know I probably will get a lot of ****e for this post but I can't help but acknowledge that they do look good and you have to agree that the quality of eBay lights have gotten much better since the beginning of times. So my question is if they look tacky or classy? Or if it this ones but OEM replicas for LCI. It's just so much cheaper than getting the Bruce cables and OEM lights or Lm2 coded and lights. If anybody has any experience please chime in. My car is the same color as in this listing FYI :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291724581456

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, guys, I know I probably will get a lot of ****e for this post but I can't help but acknowledge that they do look good and you have to agree that the quality of eBay lights have gotten much better since the beginning of times. So my question is if they look tacky or classy? Or if it this ones but OEM replicas for LCI. It's just so much cheaper than getting the Bruce cables and OEM lights or Lm2 coded and lights. If anybody has any experience please chime in. My car is the same color as in this listing FYI :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291724581456
I'd wait. I was able to find a pair of used LCI tails with converters for $450 + shipping. They work fairly well, idrive complains about a bulb being out on the right tail even though I have checked multiple times and they are all fine.

-Jeffinslaw

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd wait. I was able to find a pair of used LCI tails with converters for $450 + shipping. They work fairly well, idrive complains about a bulb being out on the right tail even though I have checked multiple times and they are all fine.

-Jeffinslaw
That's one of the reasons too I don't want to deal with converters-warning lights :p

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,976 Posts
Or you can keep your existing nearly-identical lights, put in new bulbs all around, and save the money for something better. No warning lights, either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know about the technical compatibility of switching to these lights, but IMO (based just on the ebay pics) they look nice. Do these still incorporate the adaptive brake light feature?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts