BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ecu superchip fault - low fuel pressure sensore

1406 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  CALWATERBOY
I currently own a 335i autovogue which one of the previouse owners had superchiped. I have a problem with the car took it to a local garge who plugged in his diagnostic kit which then said there was a low pressure fuel pump sensor... Nd some other undocumented codes. Now aparently all the fault codes relate to the superchip becoming corrupt and faulty.

My first question would be has any one heard of a superchip becoming curupt and secondly if they became corrupt would it bring up a message relating to the lowe presure full pump sensore. My third and final question would be has anyone come across this before. This may sound a little vague please let know if anyone wnts more explaintion on the problem

Hope some one can help cheers Pie99
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Do you speak of a very inexpensive tuner? Application: Just about every car made?

Speaks for itself. Replace with JB4. Really.
I currently own a 335i autovogue which one of the previouse owners had superchiped. I have a problem with the car took it to a local garge who plugged in his diagnostic kit which then said there was a low pressure fuel pump sensor... Nd some other undocumented codes. Now aparently all the fault codes relate to the superchip becoming corrupt and faulty.

My first question would be has any one heard of a superchip becoming curupt and secondly if they became corrupt would it bring up a message relating to the lowe presure full pump sensore. My third and final question would be has anyone come across this before. This may sound a little vague please let know if anyone wnts more explaintion on the problem
Hi cal waterboy
Are you saying it does sound like a superchip fault and would you replace it with a JB4 chip?
If it's what it sounds like, crap.

JB4 is the market leader here in the US and well known for reliability and real power gains. Also integrates with their methanol injection systems, highly recommended.

Yup, replace superchip.
Hi cal waterboy
Are you saying it does sound like a superchip fault and would you replace it with a JB4 chip?
No disrespect meant to CWB, but OP you might want to ask Terry at Burger Motorsports about this first. (Since you don't have enough posts for a PM, you can e-mail him at [email protected].)

I'm pretty sure that the JB4 doesn't completely replace all of the ECU functions; rather, it only overrides certain tuning parameters to increase performance. So if the remapped ECU is corrupted, then it's possible you may need to reinstall an OEM ECU with the most recent firmware -- or have a BMW dealer remap the existing ECU with the most recent firmware, assuming the ECU chip isn't faulty on a hardware level -- to get the most out of the JB4 and ensure that the false codes stop.
If that's true, visit to a dealer's indicated. Yow! Superchip indeed.

Animated cartoon Cartoon Animation Yellow Fictional character
No disrespect meant to CWB, but OP you might want to ask Terry at Burger Motorsports about this first. (Since you don't have enough posts for a PM, you can e-mail him at [email protected].)

I'm pretty sure that the JB4 doesn't completely replace all of the ECU functions; rather, it only overrides certain tuning parameters to increase performance. So if the remapped ECU is corrupted, then it's possible you may need to reinstall an OEM ECU with the most recent firmware -- or have a BMW dealer remap the existing ECU with the most recent firmware, assuming the ECU chip isn't faulty on a hardware level -- to get the most out of the JB4 and ensure that the false codes stop.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.