BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone cares, the earliest that you'll be able to do ED is 2nd week of Nov. to be safe.

My CA got an e-mail from BMWNA today. ED production of the AWD's will not begin until Oct.

:(

· Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jason_jm said:
what is pricing difference going to be?

from the standard models?
No idea but it was around $2500 last MY.

· Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cosmoxi said:
So is ED production the same as production bound for US? Meaning the earliest we could get one here would be around Nov?
No ED is separate from US allocation. They do the US production first then ED production. It'll probably be in the showrooms end of Oct. or beginning of Nov.

· Registered
6 Posts
earliest ED is 2nd week of Nov?

Calif65GM said:
If anyone cares, the earliest that you'll be able to do ED is 2nd week of Nov. to be safe.

My CA got an e-mail from BMWNA today. ED production of the AWD's will not begin until Oct.

:(
Did you get pricing for the 330xi already? my dealer told me that they did not have pricing yet and that they would not be taking any orders for another 4 to 6 weeks. Also, do you mean that if I do ED, I won't be able to pick it up from the factory in Munich until the 2nd week of Nov? So that would mean around Jan 2006 before I can drive it here in the US? I thought the cars were going to be made for a Sept or Oct release? Wouldn't that mean that you should be able to pick it up in Sept or Oct?

· Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
minibimmer said:
Did you get pricing for the 330xi already? my dealer told me that they did not have pricing yet and that they would not be taking any orders for another 4 to 6 weeks. Also, do you mean that if I do ED, I won't be able to pick it up from the factory in Munich until the 2nd week of Nov? So that would mean around Jan 2006 before I can drive it here in the US? I thought the cars were going to be made for a Sept or Oct release? Wouldn't that mean that you should be able to pick it up in Sept or Oct?
No pricing yet, but last year it was about $2500 MSRP difference between 330i and 330xi, so the invoice difference should be less. Of course if you are back East then you'll might have to pay more then we do out West since there's more demand for AWD back East.

Yes if you want to do ED then 2nd week of Nov. would be the earliest that you can pick it up in Munich and get it mid-Jan. back home.

Yes they are being produced in Sept., but those are for US delivery allocations first. They will not produce ED allocations until Oct. This is what BMWNA told my SA. And since they typically prefer a 30-day lag time between production and delivery that puts you about the 1st or 2nd week of Nov.

I have a Nov. 14 date reserved for ED delivery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.