BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1 year anniversary as a BMW CCA member is at the end of December.

Now, I am well aware that I need to be a member in good standing for at least 11 months or 1 year prior to the purchase of a new BMW in order to get the BMW CCA rebate.

My question concerns the definition of the "purchase date." Is this the date that I sign the agreement at the local BMW dealer's ED dept? Or, is it the date when I make the payment in full....a few weeks prior to delivery in Germany? Or, is it the actual delivery date in Germay???? Or, is it when the car gets re-delivered back to me at the local BMW dealer here in SoCal?

I can certainly wait till end of DEC till I make the order/agreement with the local BMW dealer's ED dept. But, I'd much rather pull the trigger earlier a few months earlier.

Much thanks in advance for any info!!

· Premium Member
6,573 Posts
I'm putting money on the delivery date at the delivery center in Munich. Do I make any money or lose it now? :dunno:

:D

· Le plaisir de conduire
498 Posts
You can keep your money. People have sent theirs in early, however I didn't until I took re-delivery. I did this after I e-mailed BMWCCA, and they stated the term for which to turn in all neccesary paperwork begins when you take US delivery. This made the most fair sense to me. It took mine a few months to arrive, so prepare for any length of time.

~Jon

· Registered
1,313 Posts
JAWJr said:
You can keep your money. People have sent theirs in early, however I didn't until I took re-delivery. I did this after I e-mailed BMWCCA, and they stated the term for which to turn in all neccesary paperwork begins when you take US delivery. This made the most fair sense to me. It took mine a few months to arrive, so prepare for any length of time.

~Jon
Well...I can attest for a fact that I know a few people who have submitted the CCA Check Request and used the Munich Delivery Acceptance form as proof of delivery. Most have gotten their rebate checks before being reunited with their cars. :)

· Registered
1,581 Posts
arnolds said:
Well...I can attest for a fact that I know a few people who have submitted the CCA Check Request and used the Munich Delivery Acceptance form as proof of delivery. Most have gotten their rebate checks before being reunited with their cars. :)
That's good to know...thanks.
I called BMWCCA today & got the same answer (have to wait 'til it gets to the States). Anything that can help the rebate along a little sooner is a plus.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
RichReg said:
That's good to know...thanks.
I called BMWCCA today & got the same answer (have to wait 'til it gets to the States). Anything that can help the rebate along a little sooner is a plus.
Also, when I picked up my car last week, I didn't receive any more paperwork for the car, just the car and the keys. :)

· Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,523 Posts
arnolds said:
Also, when I picked up my car last week, I didn't receive any more paperwork for the car, just the car and the keys. :)
Did you not get an a copy of the odometer statement? :confused: The original is submitted by your dealer to register the car here in the States. It is a copy of this statement that is required to be submitted with your rebate request.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
LDV330i said:
Did you not get an a copy of the odometer statement? :confused: The original is submitted by your dealer to register the car here in the States. It is a copy of this statement that is required to be submitted with your rebate request.
Nope...I just sent a copy of my lease contract and the munich acceptance form that I signed in Munich.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for info ... but we're get'n a bit off track

Thanks all for your replies with your real experiences. Although, we're get'n a bit off track here. Perhaps I did not explain it well the first time. My apologies.

Hope this clears things...

I'm less concerned about when I can submit the request or receive the check.
My main concern is when I would qualify for the rebate. BMW CCA states that one needs to be a member in good standing for 1 year (or 11 months or so) prior to the "purchase date" of the new vehicle.

What I want to avoid is buying the vehicle (taking delivery or redelivery, etc) too early and have BMW CCA tell me that:

"You took delivery after your 1 year anniversary, but you paid for the car at 10 months"...or something in that nature.

Agent 99....thanks for your reply. I think you knew what I was asking for.
Nonetheless, as I get closer to year end, I'll send an email to BMW CCA to get an official and documented response.

All others, thanks for the replies too!

· Registered
1,313 Posts
be-em-veh-808 said:
Thanks all for your replies with your real experiences. Although, we're get'n a bit off track here. Perhaps I did not explain it well the first time. My apologies.

Hope this clears things...

I'm less concerned about when I can submit the request or receive the check.
My main concern is when I would qualify for the rebate. BMW CCA states that one needs to be a member in good standing for 1 year (or 11 months or so) prior to the "purchase date" of the new vehicle.

What I want to avoid is buying the vehicle (taking delivery or redelivery, etc) too early and have BMW CCA tell me that:

"You took delivery after your 1 year anniversary, but you paid for the car at 10 months"...or something in that nature.

Agent 99....thanks for your reply. I think you knew what I was asking for.
Nonetheless, as I get closer to year end, I'll send an email to BMW CCA to get an official and documented response.

All others, thanks for the replies too!
What the responses show you is that the rebate is more likely based on your purchase/contract execution rather than actual delivery in the States. If I were you, I would hold off until you pass your one year anniversary.

· Registered
670 Posts
In my case it was the US delivery of the car. I got that in writing from BMWCCA. I would not have qualified for the rebate based on the Munich delivery, not to mentin pying for the car in the US.
If i were you I would email BMWCCA and keep this email just in case of any future disputes.

· Registered
840 Posts
arnolds said:
Thats what I did and I got my check the day before redelivery.
But (just to be cautious) I waited to make sure the date I had to pay for the car was after the 1 year anniversary on my membership. BUt I placed the ED order well before my anniversary date. Seemed to me the in BMW's eyes, you own the car as of the date you pay for it.

· Le plaisir de conduire
498 Posts
Attached is the form that I sent in. It clearly states you must be a good-standing member for one year before you can receive the refund. Once you've gotten your car in Europe, it doesn't make a difference if you send your papers in right away or after you get your car back in the US. You'll just get the check quicker.

~Jon

Attachments

· Registered
840 Posts
JAWJr said:
Attached is the form that I sent in. It clearly states you must be a good-standing member for one year before you can receive the refund. Once you've gotten your car in Europe, it doesn't make a difference if you send your papers in right away or after you get your car back in the US. You'll just get the check quicker.

~Jon
The critical issue is not about filing the form but when you actually can buy the car. Is it (1) the order date, (2) the payment date, (3) the ED pickup or (4) redelivery that has to be one year after joining? I was guessing it was the payment date and it worked out fine. But the question is... can one pick up the car sooner and still get the rebate?

· Registered
1,581 Posts
BillKach said:
The critical issue is not about filing the form but when you actually can buy the car. Is it (1) the order date, (2) the payment date, (3) the ED pickup or (4) redelivery that has to be one year after joining? I was guessing it was the payment date and it worked out fine. But the question is... can one pick up the car sooner and still get the rebate?
Well, ED or otherwise, you cannot pickup the car before you pay, right? So by default it must be the payment date. The order date is meaningless because you don't necessarily have to follow through with a purchase just because a car is ordered.

· Premium Member
8,788 Posts
JAWJr said:
....it doesn't make a difference if you send your papers in right away or after you get your car back in the US. You'll just get the check quicker.....
Be careful Jon,
You have 60 days to submit the paperwork, I know of 2 people got snuffed submitting the paperwork at around 90 days.

The biggest problem w/ ED and rebate is that the dates aren't stated clearly, for that reason I have ALWAYS submitted my rebate forms the day I return home from ED.

· Le plaisir de conduire
498 Posts
beewang said:
Be careful Jon,
You have 60 days to submit the paperwork, I know of 2 people got snuffed submitting the paperwork at around 90 days.

The biggest problem w/ ED and rebate is that the dates aren't stated clearly, for that reason I have ALWAYS submitted my rebate forms the day I return home from ED.
You're right, the dates aren't stated clearly. For this reason I e mailed BMWCCA and they said I could submit the paperwork 60 days after I took US delivery. So, I turned mine in the day after I took re-delivery. It turned out to be fine, and it seemed to be so long after I bought the car, bu tthat's what BMWCCA said...

Here is an email I received after when the 60 day period begins: "Hello Jon,
You shoud not turn your forms in until after you take delivery on US soil. At that point, the 60 time period begins. Also, you will not have an odometer statement for European delivery. You will not need one. Thanks! Tricia Jones"

~Jon

· Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,523 Posts
JAWJr said:
You're right, the dates aren't stated clearly. For this reason I e mailed BMWCCA and they said I could submit the paperwork 60 days after I took US delivery. So, I turned mine in the day after I took re-delivery. It turned out to be fine, and it seemed to be so long after I bought the car, bu tthat's what BMWCCA said...

Here is an email I received after when the 60 day period begins: "Hello Jon,
You shoud not turn your forms in until after you take delivery on US soil. At that point, the 60 time period begins. Also, you will not have an odometer statement for European delivery. You will not need one. Thanks! Tricia Jones"

~Jon
I also requested my rebate after redelivery. I am surprised that people are posting that they are able to get their rebate processed without an odometer statement which is specifically listed as a requirement to get your rebate. :confused:

· Premium Member
6,573 Posts
LDV330i said:
I also requested my rebate after redelivery. I am surprised that people are posting that they are able to get their rebate processed without an odometer statement which is specifically listed as a requirement to get your rebate. :confused:
Yep, the rebate form was written without consideration of euro delivery in mind and they just haven't bothered to update it is all.

I just made copies of everything I got from ED and sent it in. BMWNA are the ones who really give the rebates so BMWCCA verifies all applications through them.

· m.potash
189 Posts
One Year

I emailed the head of BMWCCA with this question. He said:

"You would qualify for the rebate one full year from the date of reactivation - so be sure to take delivery stateside a year and a day after reactivating.

best regards,

Wynne Smith"

So, if you were a member less than one year at Munich pick up, but more than one year at US pick up, then you would qualify for the rebate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.