BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of any problems with ED and the warranty in north-america?

·
?
830 Posts
Not sure what specifically you're asking but ED cars for us in the US are regular US spec cars and will have the same BMW NA warranty as US delivered cars.

BTW, congrats on your M5 ED. It'll be a lot of fun to drive one on the autobahn :D

ian

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx and sorry about the vague question!

you seem to have answered what i wanted to know -- i had a slight notion that the car could be looked upon as an imported vehicle and i have heard of warranty horror stories even with cars coming to/from canada or the usa. but it would make sense that it's not a problem or we would have heard about it.

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
MD2b...the warranty for an ED car in Canada is identical to what you get if you buy it off the dealer's lot or ordered it from the dealer....because the dealer is going to "prep" it for you anyway, when it arrives!
Did you get much of a discount? My dealer told me the Canadian discount for ED is very small compared to the US discount.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
canuck bmw: i'm still working out the details -- i have some other issues that i need to clear first so the anticipated purchase time is around may-june '03 :( but it'll be worth the wait!! i'm not too sure about ED pricing for the M5 at the moment but i will post what i discover (we were going to get the CAN M5 but started to talk with some guy who's dad has brought bmw's from the states at a considerable discount and that got us thinking); however, from what i have read, there is a lot of room to bargain with ED despite what the dealer says -- the bmw dealer here has no clue what ED is about so, just like me, you may have to search around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts