BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ED and Navigation

1494 9
Does the latest NAV system in the 2016 F8x supports Europe out of the gate or is only preloaded with North America?

Doing an ED in October and I wonder if I'll be able to rely on the built in navigation or it's all going to have to be iPhone based...

During my last ED I popped the Euro DVD map into my 335.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
During your trip, your car will have European maps loaded via a thumb drive inserted in the USB port in the armrest. When the car arrives in North America, they'll set the maps to your country/region.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!
During your trip, your car will have European maps loaded via a thumb drive inserted in the USB port in the armrest. When the car arrives in North America, they'll set the maps to your country/region.
Just received the ED welcome pack today in the mail, and they actually answered that question as well: there will be a USB thumb drive in the car with the Euro maps. Great.
If you pull the thumb drive out to charge your cell, the maps will stop working. Make sure you bring a ciragette lighter charger for your cell. Enjoy!
Isn't there also a USB port in the glove box as well?
Good to know! Thanks. Maybe I'll bring a USB hub splitter then.
If you pull the thumb drive out to charge your cell, the maps will stop working. Make sure you bring a ciragette lighter charger for your cell. Enjoy!
I need to know the answer to this question. ED on 10/6 for me.
Thanks
Yes there is one.
I need to know the answer to this question. ED on 10/6 for me.
Thanks
There's one in the armrest. That's the one they use for the thumb drive. I'm not aware of one in the glove box.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.