BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The One who Drives.
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys?

Is it normal that the e92 that I am supposed to pick up on 4/18 is in production already? :dunno:I checked the website and called BMW NA to verify and I am told that the car entered production on 2/11 and is supposed to be finished on 2/19, almost full two months ahead of pick-up date! Funny thing, the only thing I filled up with BMW was the Credit App. form, I also had my passport and my driver's license copied. But I didn't sign any POs, or worked out any financial details with my CA. :) Anyway, we are psyched. :supdude: :fruit:

More on my blog! :)

·
The One who Drives.
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a bit strange. Most are done a week or two before pickup.

Where is your car being built? If they build it in South Africa, they may need time to ship it to Germany...

;-)
Do not know really. I just called BMW of NA to find out but they were unable to tell me, but he had my VIN instead and gave it to me! YAY! :) Where do they build e92s?

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Do not know really. I just called BMW of NA to find out but they were unable to tell me, but he had my VIN instead and gave it to me! YAY! :) Where do they build e92s?
They only build the coupes in Regensburg, Germnay I believe. And if you do an ED, you'll never get an South African produced car.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah, normally they come off the line just a few days before your "due date". They don't have the space nor want to store a car for 2 months.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Yeah, normally they come off the line just a few days before your "due date". They don't have the space nor want to store a car for 2 months.
Back in the days of high demand for sure..........perhaps with the worldwide meltdown they are using existing excess capacity. :dunno:

Erik

·
The One who Drives.
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it possible you got the wrong Production Order Number from your CA? That seems rather odd...
Rather seems very unlikely. I logged in to my BMW Circle, went to add prod. number, did it, and my exact car popped up. The exact color, interior and the exact accessories showed up. And when I called, they knew exactly who I am, checked my address, asked for my email address and I got my VIN today. Unfortunately I still do not know where the darn car is! :p What kills me is the wait... :mad: knowing that the car will be sitting there for almost 2 months waiting for us! Heh...

Check my blog, I have a screenshot of my BMW page...

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Is it possible you got the wrong Production Order Number from your CA? That seems rather odd...
+1

Sounds like an Order # that may have been recycled too early.

OP: I'd recommend you re-confirm your pick-up date. Hopefully you're dealer or the ED Dept didn't transpose the date like 2/18 instead of 4/18/09.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
My car was built in July for my Sept '08 ED.
There's a valid a reason for that due to Aug. factory shut downs and MY conversions.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
This is very unusual,all of the March/April/May/June cars I have on order are being built no more than 3 weeks or less before their p/u date.I would have your CA go on the bmw internal web site and enter a vehicle inquiry to verify your p/u date on the sheet.

·
The One who Drives.
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have your CA go on the bmw internal web site and enter a vehicle inquiry to verify your p/u date on the sheet.
Awesome, I would do that too, but my CA (one of the board sponsors) is on vacation :), skiing probably somewhere until next Wednesday. I will hunt him down next week though. :confused: Do you guys think someone from that dealership or from BMW NA would be able to do it in his place (I can't wait until next week :eek:)...

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Really makes no sense as they don't have enough parking spaces. The last thing that BMW A.G. wants to do is park a car somewhere at the factory for 2-mths and try not to have something happen to it.

Even previously to the Welt, cars were not produced until 30-days out.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
So where will mine be built (328i sedan) for ED next month? Are there any major differences with those built in South Africa vs. Germany?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Awesome, I would do that too, but my CA (one of the board sponsors) is on vacation :), skiing probably somewhere until next Wednesday. I will hunt him down next week though. :confused: Do you guys think someone from that dealership or from BMW NA would be able to do it in his place (I can't wait until next week :eek:)...
You can wait until they come back or contact the sales manager and let them look it up and print it out and maybe they can scan and send it to you,it only takes a minute to look up and print..........you can wait,but we can't !

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
This is very unusual,all of the March/April/May/June cars I have on order are being built no more than 3 weeks or less before their p/u date.
+1 ....my 4/17 ED is being built week 15.

To the OP, you can ascertain where your car is being built from the VIN.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
The earlier the better...Nice job...lol
I don't know that I'd say that. I'd want it built as soon before delivery as possible. With my current car, if it'd been built a month later I'd have the 6FL (the 6 buttons you can assign to anything). So the later your build is, the more chance you have of getting any small updates.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts