BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today, the ED delivery calendar shows 28 deliveries scheduled in September and only 10 Scheduled in October (half of those are on 10/2). I realize that many EDs are from people not on Bimmerfest, but the ratio should be fairly representative of the total orders. Is there really a big drop for October or ??? :dunno:

·
Verd!chtete !ntensität
59 Posts
I could imagine that some people may fear to get winter tires mounted in October. Espcially when you´re heading towards the Alps it could be highly possible that you end up on mountain roads which require at least winter tires or chaines

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris. I do agree that the weather could be a concern - however I thought the concern was more significant in November or December. (7 deliveries are showing for November currently)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe Oktoberfest has lured more deliveries into September? You'd probably see the same trend last year if that was the case.

Edit, 2014 does indeed show roughly a 50% drop from September to October.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
There also may have been a backlog due to factory closings in late summer that pushed pick ups into September combined with EDers who have been waiting for the 2016 model which they could not get until September. Then too some may prefer travel in Europe after the heat of the summer is past and European drivers are no longer on Holiday filling the roads. I did an ED in September and found it an ideal time to travel on Europe's roadways. Although we missed it, I can understand the lure of combining the ED experience with Octoberfest.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,835 Posts
Octoberfest was a huge factor in my scheduling for September.
I always find this funny. When is Octoberfest? September. Gotcha.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,835 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.