BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are the record holders? Who has the longest and shortest times from drop-off to re-delivery?

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Mine went to the West Coast -- 45 days from drop off in Munich to redelivery.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A bunch of us east coast ppl who were on Tasco had super fast re-deliveries. I get mine tomorrow, 35 days. April 25 to May 30.

Date difference calculator: http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/Calculators/Date_and_Time/Date_Time_Diff_Calc.ASP
+1 - we dropped off our car on April 27th (a Sunday, so theoretically, we could say we dropped it off on April 28th) and took re-delivery on May 27th in NJ. 30 (or 29) days from drop-off to re-delivery! I felt this was karma paying me back for the 6-7 weeks I had to wait the last time we did ED in '04. :)

On a not-so-happy note, though, I wonder if the fast transit through customs and VDC had something to do with the economic downturn (and I'm guessing, a drop in car sales).

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
3 weeks at the dealer? Doing what?

I assume they gave you a loaner. If not I'd be outraged.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I assume they gave you a loaner. If not I'd be outraged.
So heres the scoop. I just called the body shop to get a little info because my CA would not give it to me (Alek Keytiyev, I do not recommend him).
July 31 PM: Car arrives at BMW SF
Aug 1 PM: I go see car, look at damage, very minor, 5-6 small dings
Aug 7 or 8: Car arrives at body shop 2 blocks away from dealer

"several days delay due to antique BMWs parked under my car that they cannot move, thus, my car cannot move"

Aug 19: Car is in paint shop. Guy working on my car said he expects it to be back at dealer no later than Aug 21

Aug 20: I expect to pick up car after overnight detail job. 12 weeks to the day after I dropped it off in Paris. Do I win a prize for longest most excruciating wait?

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
The longest wait was the poor guy whose car disappeared completely and had BMW get him another one.:cry: I suppose the time would be infinite.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Drop off in Madrid on July 27. Leo Leader was docking in Port Hueneme on Sept 4. Pick up on Oct 2 ! ED plate was stolen! :mad:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Left my possession July 21st when dropped off at Harms. Arrived at my dealer today, August 20th. Will be back in my possession August 21st. That's 31 days or 4 weeks and 3 days. Not bad!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
July 5 drop off in Munich and delivered to Irv in Barrington in 33 days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts