BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ED in August 2013?

1348 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  pharding
i'm considering buying a 335i, and i will be in europe for 2 weeks next August (2013)...would it be possible to schedule an ED for mid-August of 2013?...my travel date is not really flexible (except for maybe +/- a week), so i would need that the car be ready for pickup during my 2-week window

so i assume the car will be a 2014 MY?...when would i need to start negotiating with a dealer?...will dealers begin negotiating on a 2014 when they're still selling 2013s?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
You may be able to schedule an ED, but the dealer wont be talking price until the MY 2014 prices come in around late spring. They may agree to an amount above invoice but they won't know actually prices until BMW disseminates them.
i'm considering buying a 335i, and i will be in europe for 2 weeks next August (2013)...would it be possible to schedule an ED for mid-August of 2013?...my travel date is not really flexible (except for maybe +/- a week), so i would need that the car be ready for pickup during my 2-week window

so i assume the car will be a 2014 MY?...when would i need to start negotiating with a dealer?...will dealers begin negotiating on a 2014 when they're still selling 2013s?
If BMW goes out of business you may run into problems scheduling your ED. ;)
That is what I did for my ED next month. We settled on an amount above cost last June. The price for the 2013 Z4 were not out yet. The cool thing was that the price dropped for a 2013!
You may be able to schedule an ED, but the dealer wont be talking price until the MY 2014 prices come in around late spring. They may agree to an amount above invoice but they won't know actually prices until BMW disseminates them.
Unless the 2014 is coming out early for some reason, an August 2013 delivery will get you a 2013, built in July.
So you're implying the 2014's won't start being built in July, like the 2013's were?
Unless the 2014 is coming out early for some reason, an August 2013 delivery will get you a 2013, built in July.
August is a bad time to vacation in Europe.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.