BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
I want to thank you for the incredible detail in the reporting of your trip. I feel like I was there. Your comments will help me tremendously and I really appreciate the effort you put forth. The car is beautiful.

PARDON THE EDIT:

My mom came over to watch the kids and I had her read the entire post as this upcoming trip to Europe is really for her, and the car is a side add-on, really. She was just so blown away and impressed. You made her smile, and laugh, and I thank you for that. She's really looking forward to the trip and your detail allowed her to peek into your experience.

Thanks again~

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Over the last few years few report stand up - yours is one of them. Thank you for sharing!

·
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
I want to thank you for the incredible detail in the reporting of your trip. I feel like I was there. Your comments will help me tremendously and I really appreciate the effort you put forth. The car is beautiful.

PARDON THE EDIT:

My mom came over to watch the kids and I had her read the entire post as this upcoming trip to Europe is really for her, and the car is a side add-on, really. She was just so blown away and impressed. You made her smile, and laugh, and I thank you for that. She's really looking forward to the trip and your detail allowed her to peek into your experience.

Thanks again~
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad people are still getting a kick out of, as well as, useful info from my trip.

·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Over the last few years few report stand up - yours is one of them. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you, Thank you.:D

·
Registered
491 Posts
I need to read it again...

Yes, it will be a hard feat for someone to surpass your great ED report. I remember it like it was yesterday. What I vividly remember was how you clearly stated for no one to post a reply so that you could finish the report in its entirety.

I think I also sat down in one sitting and read the whole thing as my ED was coming up; I needed something to contain myself, being so antsy...

·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Yes, it will be a hard feat for someone to surpass your great ED report. I remember it like it was yesterday. What I vividly remember was how you clearly stated for no one to post a reply so that you could finish the report in its entirety.

I think I also sat down in one sitting and read the whole thing as my ED was coming up; I needed something to contain myself, being so antsy...
The surprising part was people actually listened to my request to wait.

·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just finished reading your ED experience, WOW. As others have stated, I felt like I was there with you. Great job. I have been lucky enough to experience 2 ED's, my first in 2003, spending 3 weeks in Europe, mostly Germany and Switzerland and my second in 2008, both times E60's. I travel to Germany at least once a year to see my SO (long distance relationship would be an understatement). I love GERMANY and I find my self constantly saying how brillant they are when I experience something that we should do here in the USA. I hope to retire to Munich someday. I just received confirmation of my delivery date for my 3rd ED, an F10 550i, July 30, this time I am taking my 15 yo son, first time in Europe for him, I think he is really excited about going, I know I am. Was able to secure two business class tickets on Lufthansa so I know that will be a huge part of the experience. I just had to share how awesome I thought your story was and how it made me re-live my delivery experiences. If you have any maps you can share with me regarding Stelvio, that would be great, I am putting the itinerary together now, and I want to make sure I get in several Mt. Passes.

·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
I just finished reading your ED experience, WOW. As others have stated, I felt like I was there with you. Great job. I have been lucky enough to experience 2 ED's, my first in 2003, spending 3 weeks in Europe, mostly Germany and Switzerland and my second in 2008, both times E60's. I travel to Germany at least once a year to see my SO (long distance relationship would be an understatement). I love GERMANY and I find my self constantly saying how brillant they are when I experience something that we should do here in the USA. I hope to retire to Munich someday. I just received confirmation of my delivery date for my 3rd ED, an F10 550i, July 30, this time I am taking my 15 yo son, first time in Europe for him, I think he is really excited about going, I know I am. Was able to secure two business class tickets on Lufthansa so I know that will be a huge part of the experience. I just had to share how awesome I thought your story was and how it made me re-live my delivery experiences. If you have any maps you can share with me regarding Stelvio, that would be great, I am putting the itinerary together now, and I want to make sure I get in several Mt. Passes.
First thanks for the great feed back.
I don't have any maps, I can give you the route I took to get to Stelvio if that helps. Let me know.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Great stuff, the fact you kept up the detail for such a long trip is amazing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Amazing report

Fantastic write up of a first class experience!! Thanks for sharing.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.