BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SashaB
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in several places on this forum that BMWFS makes your second payment on an ED lease. However, I was working my papers today at a dealer and he was claiming that there is no such program right now. Can someone clarify, please?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My dealer knew nothing about it too. And there is no documentation that confirms the second payment. But BMWFS did indeed make my second payment.

·
SashaB
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rmart said:
My dealer knew nothing about it too. And there is no documentation that confirms the second payment. But BMWFS did indeed make my second payment.
Thanks for your reply! When did your lease start? I wonder if it is possible that the "free 2nd payment" program was in place but has since expired.

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,189 Posts
The statement for this month's payment (my 2nd) had a credit for the payment. I do not recall seeing any document in the lease papers indicating a free payment.

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
My dealer also said BMWFS did not do this.

I made one payment when signing the lease.

The second statement showed two credits, one paid by me (the 1st payment), one by BMWFS (the 2nd payment). My car arrived before my 3rd payment was due.

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,776 Posts
Does this only apply to a lease? What about financing?

·
Registered
366 Posts
alexblanc said:
Thanks for your reply! When did your lease start? I wonder if it is possible that the "free 2nd payment" program was in place but has since expired.
Don't think it is free, it is my understanding that BMWFS has a 0.00003 adder for ED, so that pays for the 2nd payment.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Does not apply to financing.

Vitacura said:
Does this only apply to a lease? What about financing?

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is correct. The credit will appear on your second invoice and BMW uses a slightly higher MF to compensate for this payment. I started my lease in May and the program was still in place and believe it still is. If you have any questions, you should call BMW FS directly.

move.over said:
Don't think it is free, it is my understanding that BMWFS has a 0.00003 adder for ED, so that pays for the 2nd payment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts