BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed the paperwork and I just want to say that the ED Wiki saved me some money! :) The finance mgr, not sure if he did it on purpose or not, used the european delivery MSRP to calculate the residual as opposed to US MSRP. Thanks to the ED Wiki, I told them they should be using the US MSRP instead. They also jacked up the MF due to the ED (from 0.00145 to 0.00245)! For those of you who are like me (1st ED & BMW), it really pays off to spend some time reading the wiki.

The finance mgr also tried to talk me out of putting MSDs claiming it's only 1% difference and one can easily get 1% back from the money. It sounds logical at first but then that 1% difference drops my monthly payment by $30+. My 7 MSDs investment ($600x7) saved me $30 x 35 ($1050) at the end. That's pretty good to me :D

Picking up my car in 9 days...just need to book the rest of my hotels and pack my stuff and I'm all ready to go! So excited!

· Registered
410 Posts
Glad you took the time to read all that. there's a lot of info on there. Btw, I think Max markup on the MF should be .0004 per BMWFS. Then there's a true ED adder of 0.0003. Acq fee is $725 too. BMWFS WILL pick up your 2nd lease payment, but you may need to call them when you get the bill, sometimes they *forget* but a quick call to remind them is all you need to do.

good luck and enjoy your new car!!

· Registered
74 Posts
I had pretty much the same experience with my local dealer. Call me a cynic, but the numbers they were coming up with were just a bit too convenient to believe it was ignorance. Their first quote was almost exactly $100/month more than what I knew it should be. After a pissed off voicemail from me the excuse was "oh, the system entered the ED MSRP by mistake for the residual, sorry about that!"... the system... riiiight. This was just the first in a string of lies coming out of these guys, although I eventually beat them down to a 0.0001 MF markup, $100 acquisition markup, and $1k over invoice, which I realize isn't the best deal in the world, but I'm fine with it.

If I had a bimmerfest sponsor near me I would have certainly gone with them, but the redelivery fee and desire to get a loaner from my local dealer during service led me to go with the local guys. Lesson learned, next time I'll just pay the re-delivery and order from a sponsor.

Oh, these guys were also very dismissive of the MSD program, with statement like "nobody does that anymore". It's not like they make more or less profit either way, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.