BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HerrDoktorProfessor
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time lurker and BMW coveter-finally going to make it happen. I'm new to ED and leasing and have been doing a lot of reading of this forum for a while now. Lots of great info!

My questions:
When doing a lease on a ED vehicle is it typical to pay over the base rate on money factor?
I realize it's essentially negotiable, but given that dealers are selling ED cars at $500-1000 over invoice how often do they try to stick it to you on the back end? Are board sponsors (Adrian etc.) good about this?

I've been using an online lease calculator to get an estimate of lease payments. What I've come up with:

328i-Xdrive Sedan, Metallic, VP, MT, Nav, Bluetooth, Apps

US MSRP: $41125
Estimated ED price assuming $750 profit: $36,420
62% residual
MF:.00151= .002 base MF -7 MSD
$725 acquisition fee (new BMW owner)
6% sales tax
36 months

Estimated lease payment: approximately $440/month

Does that look correct? Am I missing anything?

Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a bump in the money factor for ED to make up for one skipped payment (the second payment). In my case it was still slightly advantageous to do 35 months versus 36 at the non-bumped rate.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
There is a bump in the money factor for ED to make up for one skipped payment (the second payment). In my case it was still slightly advantageous to do 35 months versus 36 at the non-bumped rate.
The bump is +.0003, although there is currently an owner loyalty reduction of -.0003 on at least some of the vehicles, thus canceling out the bump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts