BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have 2 ED related questions.
1 - I rented the European DVD from Bee and it was essential to my trip. Thanks B! My question is where do I get the US DVD from? I know it wasn't included when I picked the car up in Munich. Is it supplied by the US dealer when they get the car? Just curious.

2 - Has anyone figured out any way to sublimate their desire for their car while you wait the god forsaken waiting period? I'm only 2 weeks into it and I've already found that carrying my keyfob around and pretending like I'm locking and unlocking the car really does nothing for me. I've been reading the forums religiously and been staring at pictures of the exterior and interior. Nothing seems to be helping. Sorry, I'm just venting. I want my car so badly!

Thanks,

A

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
1.) DVD is supplied by Stateside dealer
2.) Try a 1/18 scale model; worked for me (a little)

·
Registered
197 Posts
1 - Your dealer will provide this upon redelivery.

2 - The wait sucks. That's all there is to it. It is the only catch with ED that you have the car and then you don't. I carry the key, but didn't realize that clicking could be therapeutic. I'll try now. ;)

Hang in there.

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Waiting for ...........

One other idea is to think about all those poor misfortunates who do not now nor will ever have a Bimmer of any kind, even 1/8 scale. :D

Cheers

·
Registered
533 Posts
as others said, the DVD will be given to you upon pick up

....as far as waiting, this site helped me, playing around with pictures from the ED trip, focusing on work, focusing on family, planning drives, buying products for the car arrives, e.g. car wash supplies, plate frames. All of this helped, but I still had difficulties with the waiting period.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ask Jon

Jon is a marriage counselor. You might want to seek his professional help on how to tolerate the separation.

And wasn't Jon smart, when he went in to the counseling business after forming Bimmerfest; lining up customers even before he hung his shingles :rofl:

·
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
162 Posts
My wife loves bimmerfest, because it keeps me from talking to her about the car so much! :D

I'm happy to report that my flights and hotel are all booked, I have made arrangements with Beewang for the European nav disc, :thumbup: , and, perhaps best of all, Rolf has kindly agreed to pick me up at the airport when I arrive, and take me back from the hotel on my way home. I wouldn't have known about any of this stuff without all your helpful information (and JSpira's essential reading in Roundel -- congrats on the nice letter in this month's issue, by the way). I spoke to a very helpful woman at BMWNA, and she checked with the ED people for me and they assure me that my car will be ready when I get there. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to survive the next four and a half weeks until I'm on my way! :bigpimp:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Lorch92 said:
(and JSpira's essential reading in Roundel -- congrats on the nice letter in this month's issue, by the way)
nice letter - you mean I got more letters? great! thanks! (haven't seen the July issue yet)

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
Jspira said:
nice letter - you mean I got more letters? great! thanks! (haven't seen the July issue yet)
There is actually a photo submitted by a reader in the letters section, in which is displayed the back seat of said reader's bimmer, and the "Go Get It" issue is clearly (well, sort of) visible in the storage netting behind the drivers seat. :)

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
torrentami said:
2 - Has anyone figured out any way to sublimate their desire for their car while you wait the god forsaken waiting period? I'm only 2 weeks into it and I've already found that carrying my keyfob around and pretending like I'm locking and unlocking the car really does nothing for me. I've been reading the forums religiously and been staring at pictures of the exterior and interior. Nothing seems to be helping. Sorry, I'm just venting. I want my car so badly!
Bier helps for a while, but the next day you still miss your car and then additionally have a hangover... :(

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Two

Jspira said:
Two actually. One with a brief mention at the start and one entirely about your writing. :thumbup:

Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks

thanks everyone for all the answers and suggestions. I like the idea of planning trips. I will definitely do that. I'll have to take a drive down to Monterey. Maybe up to wine country as well. What's funny is that it's going to be nice not to pay $80 a tank. As high as gas prices are here, it's still half the price of Europe.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
torrentami said:
Hi All,
2 - Has anyone figured out any way to sublimate their desire for their car while you wait the god forsaken waiting period?
A
If the Ultimate Drive is coming to your area, sign up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts