BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 1 - July 27-28 - 8:55pm - 10:40AM Germany local time - connect to Lufthansa Flt 104 departing at 12:15pm - arriving 1:10 MUC - Sixt BMW Car Service to hotel at 1:10.
Check in at 2:10pm to Courtyard Munich - City Center - Schwanthalerstrasse 37, Munich, take U-Bahn to see M-Studio - if time allows BMW Museum / factory tour / walk around Welt.

Day 2 - July 29 - Pickup Day - check into Welt obtain parking passes / pick-up car at 10:20am. Factory tour at 11:45am park car underneath welt. Munich for Stelvio and back 324 miles round trip. 3hr 59min each way. (159 miles)

Day 3 - July 30 - Leave Munich, drive to Stuttgart - stay 1 night in Stuttgart - Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen. 2h10 min travel time (138 mi).

Day 4 - July 31 - Check out hotel, drive to Porsche museum. Then drive to Nurburgring. Overnight in Nurburg. 3hr / 200 mi. Check into Hotel Wilhemshoen. 2.5-3.5hrs - (196mi) - dinner at Sabine's family restaurant

Day 5 - August 1 - Lazy day at Nurburgring, Drive on Nurburgring 5:00-7:15 on Tourist Drive, drive to Spa, Belgium - Hotel De La Souree 1hr 15-1hr 25min (90 mi)

Day 6 - August 2 - Head to Spa Francorchamps track 5-715, Do tourist drive on track. Stay for dinner and overnight. (open for touring Brugges)

Day 7 - August 3 - Drive to CDG Airport Paris - wash and drop off car (4h/245mi) - take airport shuttle to hotel, check into hotel - take ground transportation to Paris - stay overnight.

Day 8 - August 4 - More Paris.

Day 9 - August 5 - Check out of hotel - more Paris - Fly Home CDG to JFK 8:00pm - 10:30pm

All in I think i'll be at 990-1200 miles give or take how much local driving will accumulate that I can't quantify - how many laps of the ring I end up taking etc. Plan is to have the 1200 mile service light on when the car comes back to the VDC and it will get serviced prior to re-delivery.

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
I really like your itinerary. It's got a lot of miles for the five days you have the car, but it gets you the Ring in and to your destination in Paris.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
I really like your itinerary. It's got a lot of miles for the five days you have the car, but it gets you the Ring in and to your destination in Paris.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Did I read that right that you have an 8 hour drive after your factory tour which finishes at 1:45? Not that I am 1 to talk given my recent schedule but does jet lag affect you much (I was on the same time zone when I flew in too)? That means that technically you will probably be driving until 10 or 11 PM.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would be a little more chill on day 2 and not do the 8 hour driving trip. Use it to recover or do whatever you didn't do the day before in munich!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did I read that right that you have an 8 hour drive after your factory tour which finishes at 1:45? Not that I am 1 to talk given my recent schedule but does jet lag affect you much (I was on the same time zone when I flew in too)? That means that technically you will probably be driving until 10 or 11 PM.
Yeah I realize that. My wife will most likely take turns with me driving back to Munich. We also plan to stop for pictures at the top of Stelvio and eat dinner near there.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yeah I realize that. My wife will most likely take turns with me driving back to Munich. We also plan to stop for pictures at the top of Stelvio and eat dinner near there.
Cool. Long days in Europe at the moment so probably won't be dark until 10 or so anyway. I arrived in Copenhagen at 10:30 PM after leaving Munich at about 9:30 AM - missed the 5 PM ferry so had to wait 2 hours for the next one :)

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Day 7 - August 3 - Drive to CDG Airport Paris - wash and drop off car (4h/245mi) - take airport shuttle to hotel, check into hotel - take ground transportation to Paris - stay overnight.
Depending when on how you are arriving at CDG there is a car wash (Lavage) as you enter airport... We had ours washed there.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Don't want to rain on your parade, but I do not think you can do Munich to the top of Stelvio and back in 8 hours. Maybe on paper but not in the real world, staus, regular traffic, traffic up the mountain is slow and the oncoming traffic will slow you down even more. Yes I have done Stelvio and I started a lot closer than Munich and ended in St. Moritz and it was a FULL day of driving in an M3. Go for it but have a back up plan for the evening if you do not make it back to Munich. If you are going to do the Porsche Museum then you must do the Mercedes Museum much broader coverage of the history of the automobile.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They have stopped delivers at the welt on some M3 and M4 cars due to a differential problem. Might wanna call to make sure your car is not affected.
I'm aware...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts