BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here is the first of a few posting that you will see on this same thread. I plan to stick to the 12-hour rule. Here is the T-28 hour posting.

Flying out of Newark and, while we (wife and I) wait, we were able (because of airline "status") to get into the Lufthansa "Senator Lounge" :p , where they had tons of bread products, ham, cheeses, and unlimited drinks...of all kinds...free :yikes: .

Flights leaves at 5:20PM and arrives in Frankfurt at about 6AM on the 19th...then taking a short flight to Munich that arrives close to 10AM. We plan to get to the Delivery Center at noon or so.

If you are intersted, subscribe to this thread.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
Good start - have a safe flight. I was happy I had eaten something in the lounge last time I flew Lufthansa as our flight was delayed 2 hours (i.e. we were sitting on the Rollbahn for 2 hours) and of course there was no food service on the ground, just pre departure champagne and juice.

·
Happily Driving
7,218 Posts
Never turn down a meal when travelling (or a snack) as you never know when your next one will be.... :)

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Best wishes for a wonderful trip! Will subscribe and wait for pics! :thumbup:

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here they are finally

Bimmerfesters:

They say the road to heck is paved with good intentions. I think this is correct. I fully intended to post within the 12 hours after delivery, but here I am, late. I hope my pictures will help the board be lenient.

1) This subliminal BMW message at the Munich airport made the wait seem even longer
2) We decided to take the train over (17 EURO for both of us) and it took about 1:15 hrs. This is the BMW stop. The Delivery center is about three blocks away. Not too bad really.
3) Herr Hausmaninger is a pretty cool dude. He knows what we US buyers want and like to hear. He gave us the royal treatment. He. even took pictures and video of my wife and me with the car
4) Now, I named this last picture "the first glimpse of my second love"...my wife was right here, next to the computer as I labelled the picture...I would not have been able to write what I really think...ouch, she just hit me.

Attachments

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
The new car is a beauty. Congratulations! I looked for that huge Bimmer face at the airport upon arrival and departure. Never did get to see it. :mad: Well, maybe on the next ED trip I will have the luck. Best wishes as you continue your trip! :beerchug:

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More pictures

Here are a few more...

1) I forgot to put this one in earlier, the entrance to the next chapter of my life
2) And of course I made sure to sign the Bimmerfest Book! By the way, I am not sure who would want to know this, but, Herr Hausmaninger asked what Bimmerfest would want to do with the previous Bimmerfest Sign-in book. He had just replaced the previous one with a new one because it was full. Any thoughts?
3) I like the "Angel Eyes" on this car. They are very white. I thought they might be a little yellow, but they do not seem to be.
4) The famous tight spot you have to drive through to face the world with your new Bimmer.
5) I almost forgot to take the odomoter picture. But here it is.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
bechego said:
And of course I made sure to sign the Bimmerfest Book! By the way, I am not sure who would want to know this, but, Herr Hausmaninger asked what Bimmerfest would want to do with the previous Bimmerfest Sign-in book. He had just replaced the previous one with a new one because it was full. Any thoughts?
Good question. Sounds like they don't want it there. Maybe some of the veterans will have some ideas. Jspira?

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Third installment

Here are a few more fotos.

1) Ear to ear smile with our new 330xi
2) I wanted to capture as much detail as possible of these first few hours, so I asked the guard at the exit gate if he minded having his picture taken. He did not seem too thrilled about it
3) For dinner in Munich we went to an overpriced little place called "Lowenbrau Zum Brunnwart". The food was great
4) German drinks bring us closer (I had a "Fanta" called Mirinda). :p The waitresses at this little place are dressed in interesting attire

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
mdsbuc said:
Good question. Sounds like they don't want it there. Maybe some of the veterans will have some ideas. Jspira?
I will speak to Herrn Roller when I am there in 10 days and I'm sure he will want to find a (small) place of honor for it at BMW Welt (within the delivery facility of course).

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
mdsbuc said:
Actually, Herr Hausmaninger said that he would love to do something special with it. He even joked and said it maybe should make it into the BMW Museum at some point, since it has meant a lot to the BMW European Delivery Program. He just mentioned it since technically it is the property of Bimmerfest, so he wanted to give the board the choice.

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
Jspira said:
I will speak to Herrn Roller when I am there in 10 days and I'm sure he will want to find a (small) place of honor for it at BMW Welt (within the delivery facility of course).
J, awesome suggestion. It is like putting a recording setting ball or uniform at the hall of fame. It sounds very exciting.:thumbup:

·
Happily Driving
7,218 Posts
Jspira said:
See if you can get them to send it to the CEO of BMW and get his autograph on it before its put on display. :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
Me530 said:
See if you can get them to send it to the CEO of BMW and get his autograph on it before its put on display. :)
But he cannot sign it - unless he picks up a car for export in Freimann.

Also, news headline as of this morning (was listening to Bayern 4), new CEO Reithofer replaces Panke in Sept.

I find myself listening more to Antenne Bayern, Bayern 3, Bayern 4, Ö3 and Ö1 than anything else. I even have Internet radio piped into the main stereo system.

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Jspira said:
Excellent Idea. :thumbup: I wish I had found this Board before my ED so I could be included.

Cheers

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
X3 Skier said:
Excellent Idea. :thumbup: I wish I had found this Board before my ED so I could be included.

Cheers
When did you get your car? I could always write a message from you into the new book when I get there on the 31st.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jspira,
We arrive on the 31st also, but elected to pick up the car on the 1st. Sorry to miss you. Also, I learned after I scheduled everything that all BMW tours are closed the first two weeks of August. Gives me a reason to try this again.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
TopGun said:
Jspira,
We arrive on the 31st also, but elected to pick up the car on the 1st. Sorry to miss you. Also, I learned after I scheduled everything that all BMW tours are closed the first two weeks of August. Gives me a reason to try this again.
We´re arriving the 30th and picking up the 31st. At least that´s the current plan. This was only planed on 10. July so...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts