BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ED pickup date with a lease?

1513 7
How far out can a ED delivery time/date be arranged when leasing?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I was in the same situation... it's the same as buying.
You could set up the date and put the order in 6 months ahead of your desired date. However, you can only lock in the financial program (MF and residual) for 60 day if the dealer is on the east coast or 90 days for the west coast dealers...so in other words that's when you'll know what your payment will be.
Thanks. That is good to hear. I have my air and hotels booked for next June/July (miles and points) and I was hoping to pick up on a particular day, early. 6 months out will give me a good shot at that, I hope!
Good plan, never thought about doing it in reverse... I like it :thumbup:

BTW - if the timing is right, you may be able to get into a 2014... hmmmm
Thanks. That is good to hear. I have my air and hotels booked for next June/July (miles and points) and I was hoping to pick up on a particular day, early. 6 months out will give me a good shot at that, I hope!
Just my 2 cents...

I would NOT share with the dealer the extent of the travel arrangements/commitments ... If the know youve got a lot riding on the date, they might think they have more leverage when the final financing is done. Just a thought, YMMV

A
Should not matter, as long as you get out at the right price. When you have scheduled its not up to the dealer. But up to the ED folks on the east coast.
Just my 2 cents...

I would NOT share with the dealer the extent of the travel arrangements/commitments ... If the know youve got a lot riding on the date, they might think they have more leverage when the final financing is done. Just a thought, YMMV

A
Bottom line is 6 months is your window to lock date....
I started my last ED Feb.2 and ED pick up was May14.
cheers
vern
Bottom line is 6 months is your window to lock date....
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.