BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a newbie thinking about doing an ED on a 530i. When an ED car has been built by the BMW factory, do I have to be in Germany to pick it on a specific day? or am I able to pickup the ED car on any day after a specific date? Also, is it worth it to get the NAV to make travelling in Europe easier? I am thinking of treating the ED pickup like a vacation, and would like to drive around Europe for several days.

thanks!

· Grinning from ear to ear
2,052 Posts
KickinA said:
Hello,

I am a newbie thinking about doing an ED on a 530i. When an ED car has been built by the BMW factory, do I have to be in Germany to pick it on a specific day? or am I able to pickup the ED car on any day after a specific date? Also, is it worth it to get the NAV to make travelling in Europe easier? I am thinking of treating the ED pickup like a vacation, and would like to drive around Europe for several days.

thanks!
My suggestions is just read all of the posts on this ED forum and all of your questions will be answered. In short though, YES GET THE NAV! Talk to Beewang here on the baords, he's got a great loander service for the European Nav discs. With Nav you dont need to have maps, or look for road signs. Just follow directions (ie Turn right in 800 ft). And yes you can choose which date to pickup your car after a certain date. It will take a few months for the car to be built from the day you fill out the paperwork. After that, just plan a vacation, pickup your car, and have fun. You'll never regret doing ED.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.